Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping your yellow Shockers gear clean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping your yellow Shockers gear clean?

So all of my WSU gear is black based since it's way lower maintenance & easier to keep looking new. However, I found a really sweet yellow shirt w/ the Wu logo before this new version that I really want. Seriously considering buying it, but all of my clothes are darker colors & I don't want it to get dingy washing them all together or have to wash it separately, or dry clean for that matter. I've had yellow shirts before & they just get ugly after a few washes. Suggestions please? Thanks!

** I turn everything inside out as well.

I just wash mine with all my yellow stained underwear.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Don't wash it.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Where's @Kung Wu:?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

My "every day at home" shirt is either of 2 surviving 2006 "MVC Champions" shirts. Both are still 100% Shocker yellow. For just the color, I would look good wearing those to any Shocker event.

I buy Shocker yellow at every Shocker Madness, and I've been attending those for over 10 years. None of the shorts I've bought through WSU has faded in any way. Maybe my secret is that my wife likes to buy whatever laundry detergent is cheapest when she hits the store. Or maybe it's the efficiency of my 35+ year-old Whirlpool washing machine.

I suspect my shirts stay pristine yellow because my wife washes them cold and just throws in some cheap laundry detergent and nothing else. They get clean, smell great coming out of the dryer, and stay Shocker yellow. Oh, and I don't go out looking for cheap crap. I buy quality shirts.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If you don't have enough other yellows to make a full load, you're doing it wrong. They keep their color just fine if you wash them with enough friends. Just pass the color around.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              If you don't have enough other yellows to make a full load, you're doing it wrong. They keep their color just fine if you wash them with enough friends. Just pass the color around.
              Yeah, I have no yellows. I don't buy cheap crap either but when you wash / dry yellow with darker colors the lint from the darks gets on the yellow (very noticeable) which is what I meant by dingy. I guess I'll buy it & just hang dry. I wash all my clothes in cold water as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Robant15 View Post
                Yeah, I have no yellows. I don't buy cheap crap either but when you wash / dry yellow with darker colors the lint from the darks gets on the yellow (very noticeable) which is what I meant by dingy. I guess I'll buy it & just hang dry. I wash all my clothes in cold water as well.
                Send your yelliow shirts to the cleaners or laundry service

Comment

I wash my yellow shirts with other light colors, such as lighter grays, tan, white t-shirts, etc. I have some I've probably washed 20+ times and they still look fine.

Comment

Alternative solution: Find a lucky shirt and never wash it. Destroy it when we lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Alternative solution: Find a lucky shirt and never wash it. Destroy it when we lose.
                      By then, it should be able to stand up on it's own.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        By then, it should be able to stand up on it's own.
                        The shirt I wear to home games has a job and meets me at the arena on game nights at this point.

Comment

New shoes ..........
                          Attached Files

Comment

My yellow shirts get washed with my black Shocker shirts, black work polos, navy work polos, and some black "everyday" t-shirts. Never a problem with color fading, color bleeding, or lint accumulation.

I think the best thing this thread illustrates is the futility of asking a bunch of guys about laundry problems.

But, this may not be a laundering problem. If it's lint accumulation, that's a drying problem. From experience, I can say with certainty that a kink in the big hose behind the dryer that goes to the exhaust vent will lint up clothes in your dryer because the air isn't getting blown through the lint filter. I've also had birds tear off the cover of my dryer vent (the one on the side of the house) and build a nest in there. That blocks the air flow.

Lint left on clothes is more serious than you'd think. That means there's probably also lint building up inside the dryer enclosure, but outside the dryer drum. That's how dryer fires get started.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Yellow is a vibrant color, so it is going to fade over time due to nothing more than wear, being put through a washer and dryer, and detergents. Personally, I don't find my yellow Shocker gear going dingy looking any faster than I do other bright articles of clothing that I have.

Assuming you are washing the yellow stuff with other light colors, what you are seeing is just normal.

Comment

Working...
                              X