Coca Cola Commercial filmed in Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca Cola Commercial filmed in Kansas

The amount of OSHA PPE violations in this video make me want to throw up.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      ?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

[QUOTE=SB Shock;580806]
        Yes, you have to watch those VOC's.

Seriously, though, unless the painting's done in a clean room, there's no way you are going to get a good paint job. The old dusty barn introduces dirt and other contaminants that make it especially difficult to do a good paint job.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          ?
          Probably a young kid operating a paint gun with no mask or ventilator.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Probably a young kid operating a paint gun with no mask or ventilator.
            Not just that.

"VOC regulations place severe limitations on the emission of photochemically reactive solvents (also called VOCs). VOCs or Volatile Organic Compounds are generated through the release of common industrial solvents such as IPA, TCE and MEK. VOCs are a precursor to low-level ozone, which is one of the main ingredients in smog. VOCs are most often defined as any material containing more than one atom of carbon that can volatilize or evaporate into the air. This overly broad definition (which is occasionally, but not always, qualified in local air quality regulations) is precisely why VOC regulations present a problem for industrial solvent users."

Ozone depletion had something to do with the clean rooms. You might be OK painting a car in your garage or barn, but this is a large multi-national company that is filming a commercial and they're doing it. Therefore, it is an OSHA violation.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              Not just that.

"VOC regulations place severe limitations on the emission of photochemically reactive solvents (also called VOCs). VOCs or Volatile Organic Compounds are generated through the release of common industrial solvents such as IPA, TCE and MEK. VOCs are a precursor to low-level ozone, which is one of the main ingredients in smog. VOCs are most often defined as any material containing more than one atom of carbon that can volatilize or evaporate into the air. This overly broad definition (which is occasionally, but not always, qualified in local air quality regulations) is precisely why VOC regulations present a problem for industrial solvent users."

Ozone depletion had something to do with the clean rooms. You might be OK painting a car in your garage or barn, but this is a large multi-national company that is filming a commercial and they're doing it. Therefore, it is an OSHA violation.
              You do realize this commercial was imaginary. I doubt they rebuilt and repainted the '65 mustang in a barn in Kansas to make a 45 second commercial. I would expect they have two '65 mustangs - but that is just my guess.

Comment

The commercial wouldn't work quite the same if kiddo and grandpa were dressed in Tyvek body suits and wearing respirators.

It is a fictional commercial depicting Americana... take a deep breath... it is okay.

Besides, OSHA has ideologically more in common to a totalitarian arm of Mother Russia than it does the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  You do realize this commercial was imaginary. I doubt they rebuilt and repainted the '65 mustang in a barn in Kansas to make a 45 second commercial. I would expect they have two '65 mustangs - but that is just my guess.
                  So that was probably red food coloring they were running though that spray gun.

Reminds me of a story. Guy buys a TR-250 from a classic car dealer in Austin (name withheld to protect the guilty). Guy drives car around for a few days, gets it dirty and takes it to the car wash to clean it up.

When the pressurized soap and water hits the car, the paint comes off in blobs.

Just remember, unless you're Jay Leno, a classic car is a hole in your driveway where your money goes.....

Disclaimer: I was not that guy. I almost bought a TR6 from the same dealer until I heard the story. I did end up buying my TR6, but not from him.

Comment

At least 2 cars

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      The commercial wouldn't work quite the same if kiddo and grandpa were dressed in Tyvek body suits and wearing respirators.

It is a fictional commercial depicting Americana... take a deep breath... it is okay.

Besides, OSHA has ideologically more in common to a totalitarian arm of Mother Russia than it does the USA.
                      OSHA exists for a reason, and it is not because of some communist plot. A good friend of mine is an executive at a manufacturing company in Kansas. He was also a history major. He started reading old newspapers in the local library going back to 1909. After reading countless stories of workers being seriously injured or killed on the job on a weekly basis in a town of 6,000 people, he changed his opinion about OSHA.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        OSHA exists for a reason, and it is not because of some communist plot. A good friend of mine is an executive at a manufacturing company in Kansas. He was also a history major. He started reading old newspapers in the local library going back to 1909. After reading countless stories of workers being seriously injured or killed on the job on a weekly basis in a town of 6,000 people, he changed his opinion about OSHA.
                        And like many entities associated with the Federal Government, what once was a useful tool to the American taxpayer and worker has morphed into a monster of epic proportions that has drank so deeply of its power it has run amuck and now is simply akin to an inebriated bull in a china cabinet.

OSHA is simply another body that today stands as a self-defined monarchy, busy wielding its power and issuing edicts and enjoying royalties from the peasants and serfs.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                          So that was probably red food coloring they were running though that spray gun.

Just remember, unless you're Jay Leno, a classic car is a hole in your driveway where your money goes.....
                          ... sometimes; I know people that have made a $hit pot full of money buying and selling classic cars. I also know people that have lost their a$$.

Buying and selling classic cars comes with benefits!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wow, sarcasm meters way off. My comment was a total troll attempt.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Wow, sarcasm meters way off. My comment was a total troll attempt.
                              Home run.

Comment

Working...
                              X