MLB All-star Game voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB All-star Game voting

I'm a huge Royals fan, but this is just silly. That option in the voting system where it pre-selects all the players on your favorite team has to be one of the dumbest decisions by the offices of a major professional sport outside of the NFL.

I don't understand....can't other teams do this as well?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Google Fiber haxors?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Yes, of course. I would feel the same way Houston or Minnesota were doing it. It wouldn't be as big a deal if the all-star game had no significance. Or if KC were five games better than another other team in the league (having established dominance, but they don't even have the best record in their own division. Hosmer over Miggy? Moose with a wide lead over Donaldson? Omar Infante a close second? Alex Rios in 4th, one place from a starting spot? Morales over Cruz?

I hated it when NYY and BOS used to stuff the ballot box, but at least it wasn't 78% of the starting lineup from just one of those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Yes, of course. I would feel the same way Houston or Minnesota were doing it. It wouldn't be as big a deal if the all-star game had no significance. Or if KC were five games better than another other team in the league (having established dominance, but they don't even have the best record in their own division. Hosmer over Miggy? Moose with a wide lead over Donaldson? Omar Infante a close second? Alex Rios in 4th, one place from a starting spot? Morales over Cruz?

I hated it when NYY and BOS used to stuff the ballot box, but at least it wasn't 78% of the starting lineup from just one of those teams.
          Gotcha. I wasn't sure of where your angst was coming from, now it's clear. :witless:

Comment

In 1959, the Reds voted in their entire team. The commish stepped in and screamed bullshit, decreed that Aaron and Mays would start, and the fans no longer got to vote. Till recently, of course.

Comment

Other fans can stop it by voting the same way. Personally I think it would be cool to have 7 or 8 royals starting.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                Other fans can stop it by voting the same way. Personally I think it would be cool to have 7 or 8 royals starting.
                Should KC make it to the World Series again I would like to have home-field advantage.

Comment

And now there are eight.

Omar Infante? They shouldn't even allow him to buy a ticket to the game, let alone start.

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Vote for this guy...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Not just holding the baby....but feeding him too. Never misses a beat. That's big league skillz.

Comment

So was the batter out due to interference? That was some catch for sure

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                            So was the batter out due to interference? That was some catch for sure
                            Yes, batter ruled out.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                            X