USA vs Holland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA vs Holland

A couple days late, but did anyone catch this soccer match?

Great game, performance, and comeback.
    The Assman

After the match they found 14 people in the stands dead.

The autopsies confirmed that they died of boredom.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Even for a friendly, it was a fantastic match. Both teams had a lucky goal, both missed several opportunities.

The near miss by Van Pearcy on the heel kick was stunning. 20 years ago the USMNT would keep 9 back and try to spring one guy about 4 times a game. Hope for a zero zero tie was the plan.

Now they can score with all but the top 4 teams in the world or so, and can't stop a club team. A really mediocre club team. But it's fun to watch JJ.

Comment

I wonder if Jurgen knows anything about soccer?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I keep reading that it wasn't a full German side, but still, they had a bunch of top players . I believe Gotze, Podolski and many others did play. That's a fantastic result for the American side and perhaps the best week, certainly the best non-tournament week for the Americans ever.

Comment

USA vs. Holland in what? Soccer?

Nope, didn't watch.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I thought this was a baseball thread and the whole country was ganging up on Greg Holland.

Comment

Working...
              X