TOM BRADY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOM BRADY

Tom Brady gets a 4 game suspension, the Pats are fined $1M and lose some draft picks because of Deflategate. Can NE's reputation sink any lower? Will their fans care as long as they keep winning?
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    Tom Brady gets a 4 game suspension, the Pats are fined $1M and lose some draft picks because of Deflategate. Can NE's reputation sink any lower? Will their fans care as long as they keep winning?
    You left off that the Managers who deflated the balls were indefinitely suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      You left off that the Managers who deflated the balls were indefinitely suspended.
      The HUSH money that they are getting will more than pay for their suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        The HUSH money that they are getting will more than pay for their suspension.
        So you think Mr. Kraft will give them some of the lose change off the top of his dresser. Everybody in Patland is happy.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          Their fans have nothing to care about, they don't believe that Tom Brady or the New England Patriots would ever cheat in anything. They're obviously completely innocent and have no history of breaking the rules in the past.

Comment

Should have started at 8 games, as they will probably appeal and get it cut in half. He should be forced to be out AT LEAST 4 games, but I'm guessing it ends up at 2.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Still the best Organization and QB in NFL history.

Is there arrogance/invulnerability involved in this case? Yes, but not at the level where multiple championships are in doubt.

If anything, you can say Brady, Belicheck, and Kraft are just arrogant assholes. Does a few under-inflated balls effect a historic beat down in the Conference championships?

Does NE have a culture of cheating? Yes. They still come out every Sunday and whoop ass.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Everybody cheats.

I hate Belicheck and Kraft sooooo much.

However, as I have been told many times, 'If You aren't cheating you aren't trying".

Comment

Goodnitght homies.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    Maybe a little stretch. How quickly we forget San Fransisco/ Joe Montana. How quickly we forget Pittsburgh/ Terry Bradshaw. Green Bay/ Bart Starr. On and on.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Five Thirty-Eight dissected deflategate. They put together a chart that shows how NE has a insane low QB fumble rate compared to the rest of the NFL. But looking at the chart there is probably a couple other teams cheating also.

This afternoon the NFL released the results of an investigation into whether or not the New England Patriots intentionally deflated footballs below league stand…

Attached Files

Comment

Everybody cheats.

I hate Belicheck and Kraft sooooo much.

However, as I have been told many times, 'If You aren't cheating you aren't trying".
                        yeah, maybe......but if you get caught, you pay the price

Comment

As a Ravens fan, I was more pissed about the bs ineligible receiver plays they ran against us that were then banned the very next game. Had those 2 plays not been allowed there wouldn't have been a Deflategate. Oh well, time for the new season!

Comment

Is there arrogance/invulnerability involved in this case? Yes, but not at the level where multiple championships are in doubt.

If anything, you can say Brady, Belicheck, and Kraft are just arrogant assholes. Does a few under-inflated balls effect a historic beat down in the Conference championships?

Does NE have a culture of cheating? Yes. They still come out every Sunday and whoop ass.
                            This is part of the problem though. No one except the cheaters know how long they've been cheating (this time). Deflated balls or not, they were going to crush Indy that day. They were a far superior team. However, who knows how many close games they've played where the balls did give them just enough of an advantage to win? Could it have cost them a couple of games each year for who knows how long? Maybe cost them home field advantage? I don't know, but if it doesn't make a difference, why do it? Specially when your organization is KNOWN to have a culture of cheating? The simple answer (which may or may not be accurate) is that Kraft and his boys think they are above the NFL, probably because Goodell has always allowed them to be. Look at Bellicheck getting zero penalty here,because "he didn't know". Sean Peyton didn't know about bounty gate, but he still got a year off. Kiddie gloves for Bobby and his boys.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I know I'm in the minority but this is such a non-issue to me I can't believe its gotten this big. First off the NFL lets the teams scuff, sand, polish, do whatever they want to make the balls the way their QB wants it, so what is the big deal about dropping the pressure 1 psi? The NFL has done everything they can with rules to favor more offense, so if a ball at 11 psi instead of 12.5 makes that teams' QB better, why not let em do it? IMHO they should change the rule and let teams complete control over the balls, or take back control and the NFL supplies the same balls for use be either team. If the issue is one teams has an advantage then make them play with the same balls! The NBA doesn't provide different basketballs for each offense, it seems ridiculous to even have separate balls for each team. And while they're at it do away with the 18 psi rocks they use for kickers, just use the same balls, both teams, all the time. This to me seems very hypocritical and makes me lose even more faith in the NFL.

I read someone else say the ball is equipment, like gloves or cleats. They allow WR's to use special gloves to make the ball easier to catch, different cleats for a RB to cut, why not allow the ball to be set the way the QB wants it?

And even if they are going to punish NE, there were so many holes in the Wells report I don't know how they can base it on that. They compared the change in psi from all (11, I think) of NE's balls, to only 4 of Indy's, and even Indy's did experience some drop in psi. Without knowing exactly where all the balls started how can you know much they dropped and make an accurate comparison? If the NFL was tipped off ahead of the game why didn't they take pre-game measurements to compare to? Why didn't they check all of Indy's to see who much they dropped in the same conditions? And don't get me started on "more probably than not" as the basis for punishment, yikes if that's the new standard.

I'm not a NE fan by any stretch (life long Chiefs fan) but this seems like the NFL wanting to throw its weight around and going way overboard. Just fix your stupid rule NFL and you won't have to worry about this anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X