Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore

Anyone have any comment on what is currently going on in Baltimore?

Sad scene.
    The Assman

It's the same thing that always happens in these situations. Group of people have a valid complaint. They think they can't vocalize that complaint without a public gathering. Dirtbags see public gathering as a smokescreen to get flat screen TVs and blow stuff up.

Repeat, ad nauseam, in every major city in America.

I'm avoiding Baltimore for a bit.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

This sounds like an organized effort by area high schoolers, a coalition of street gangs and the Nation of Islam.

Idiots. Morons. Imbeciles.

Comment

As these types of violence keep happening it really worries me. It's like we have no control any more. I don't know exactly what happened to Mr Gray but had he not broken the law this wouldn't be happening.

Comment

I do wonder at what point the rioter types will just start organizing and doing stuff outside of this one particular issue.
          I think @Rlh04d: is right. There is one group of people seeking change and then there's another group of people who see an opportunity to be violent without getting in trouble. Those are the ones I'm concerned about.

I guess there is going to be a riot every time a police officer does something wrong now.

Did anyone else see the video of the thug that cut the firehose to a burning building? cutting the supply to a fireman IN a building can get a fireman killed or it could result in other deaths if people are still inside.

Comment

Baltimore Orioles to Play in Empty Camden Yards

Comment

Of course rioting isn't just a black thing. People will act stupid for absolutely no good reason. Now the jerkoff that cut the firehose is an absolute criminal in my book.

White people riot all the time. Here's a look at some of the dumbest reasons.
              Last edited by ShockBand; April 29, 2015, 12:08 PM.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Baltimore's population is 63% black. Their police force is 48% black, as is the Police chief, the Mayor, and the City Council President.

Comment

At Freddie Gray’s funeral on Monday, before the riots that made headlines across the country, Pastor Jamal Bryant spoke of the limited opportunities for young b…

The unemployment rate for black men in Baltimore between the ages of 20 and 24 was 37 percent in 2013, the latest data available; for white men of the same age range, the rate was 10 percent. Nor do the prospects for black men improve much as they grow older: Just 59 percent of black men between the ages of 25 and 54 are working, compared with 79 percent of white men. Just 1 in 10 black men in Baltimore has a college degree, compared with half of whites (for ages 25 and up). And the median income for black households, at about $33,000, is little more than half that of whites. Moreover, none of those figures takes into account the high incarceration rate for African-Americans, which makes the disparities even starker.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    Of course rioting isn't just a black thing. People will act stupid for absolutely no good reason. Now the jerkoff that cut the firehose is an absolute criminal in my book.

http://www.alternet.org/11-stupid-re...le-have-rioted
                    Nobody said a single thing associated with skin color in this thread, well... until your post.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Nobody said a single thing associated with skin color in this thread, well... until your post.
                      and that makes it better?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        and that makes it better?
                        Makes what better?

Comment

And nobody was thinking it? Right...
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            And nobody was thinking it? Right...
                            What an asinine, irrational flow of logic.

What's your point in this thread? Do you have one?

Should we start a thread about Muslim terrorists so that you can opine on the Christian Crusades?

Comment

Makes what better?
                              avoiding any mention of race

Comment

Working...
                              X