Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masters

Anybody been to Augusta National? It's one of the things on my bucket list just to make it to the course. It's beautiful on TV. Can't imagine what it's like in person.

I'm a big Phil fan, don't like Tiger. Not expecting either to be in contention.

Who's your favorite this week? I'll go with Jimmy Walker with Phil being my sentimental favorite.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    Anybody been to Augusta National? It's one of the things on my bucket list just to make it to the course. It's beautiful on TV. Can't imagine what it's like in person.

I'm a big Phil fan, don't like Tiger. Not expecting either to be in contention.

Who's your favorite this week? I'll go with Jimmy Walker with Phil being my sentimental favorite.
    We are much alike here. Like you, walking the hallowed grounds of amen corner (the closest I have come is Tour 18 in Dallas) is a bucket list dream. Can't stand Tiger, although is is great for the game. Love Phil. He appears selfless and pro gallery. More people like Phil will grow the game. Phil might surprise us this week. He can make a lot of birdies and he will do that as long as he drives it well. Tom Watson always gives us a sentimental tug. Don't be surprised if he makes the cut and plays well.

Comment

Would love to see Phil play well. Just not sure he has 72 hole stamina anymore. Plus, an inconsistent putter at Augusta is not a good thing.

Comment

Phil birdies 2 of the first 3 holes.

Comment

Phil has softened as he's aged, but a lot of that comes from the loss to Payne that one year. He's not that much different than Tiger.

Been to Augusta...was kicked out. Love to someday stay and enjoy the place.

Anybody see Ben Crane have an every other golfer moment a few minutes ago? Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            You can't drop that without giving us the story. Come on!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Phil has softened as he's aged, but a lot of that comes from the loss to Payne that one year. He's not that much different than Tiger.

Anybody see Ben Crane have an every other golfer moment a few minutes ago? Classic!
              Too many mint juleps?

Comment

Attended the Masters in the late 90’s; Tiger played and was still in school at Stanford. It was well worth the trip, however I’m not itching to return… a little too ‘stuffy’ for my tastes. I used to watch more golf when Palmer, Nicklaus, Trevino, Watson and Player were in their primes; the ‘trill’ has passed me by. I don’t mind watching Phil, but I never liked watching Tiger. I enjoy watching players like Bubba Watson and Brandt Snedeker. Overall, I don’t see the ‘personalities’ in today’s game… of course it could be my age.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I once read a story about someone meeting Tiger for lunch and golf...years before his fiasco escalated. The person meeting with Tiger said that lunch was great and that Tiger was so warm and friendly. Once they hit the driving range to warm up for golf, Tiger went into jackass competitor mode. That's just how people who are elite performers are wired. You don't get to the level Tiger was in the early-mid 2000s by being a warm, cuddly person. Of course, that competitive drive probably was also how Tiger slipped into the issues he had as well.

Would I fit well to be best buds with Tiger? Probably not. That said, if Tiger is in contention on Sunday, will I be watching? ABSOLUTELY! If he isn't, will I be watching? Nope.

I am not a golf guy at all, so I really don't have an interest. For whatever reason, Tiger has some magnetic pull though that makes me interested if he is in contention.
                  Last edited by WuShock16; April 9, 2015, 11:39 AM.
                  78-65

Comment

Phil birdies 2 of the first 3 holes.
                    Well, that didn't last long.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Overall, I don’t see the ‘personalities’ in today’s game… of course it could be my age.
                      Totally agree with you, and share your take, although I'm probably quite a bit younger than yourself. Outside of a few exceptions, the PGA seems to have become over-run with a bunch of no-personality prima donnas. For many, the most interesting thing about them is the crazy 'fashion' that golf wear has become.

Comment

Well, that didn't last long.
                        Two birdies, followed by two bogies, followed by an eagle. Don't you love Phil.

Comment

I think a young guy takes it:
                          - Jorsan Spieth (my personal pick)
                          - Rory McIlroy
                          - Rickie Folwer
                          - Jason Day
                          - Hideki Matsuyama

The guys looking for their first Major, that have a good shot:
                          - Dustin Johnson
                          - Henrik Stenson
                          - Sergio Garcia

The guys who have won a Major(s), but no green jacket:
                          - Justin Rose
                          - Martin Kaymer

Past champs that could pick up another green jacket:
                          - Bubba Watson
                          - Adam Scott
                          - Phil Mickelson (can never leave out "Lefty")

Best story, if they win:
                          - Tiger Woods (okay, obviously he is a past champ, but Tiger gets his own category)

Edit: left out one category.
                          Last edited by Shock Top; April 9, 2015, 12:54 PM.
                          The Assman

Comment

Tiger with a 3 putt bogey on #1.

Comment

Rory fighting back at -1 after rough start.

Comment

Working...
                              X