• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update #2: http://wichitabyeb.blogspot.com/2015...-update-2.html
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

I'm a burger snob and have eaten many burgers in Wichita over the years, although haven't lived there for 20 years now. Here's the places I would start with:

Ty's diner
      Oasis Lounge
      Bomber Burger
      TJ's
      Freddy's
      Walt's
      5 Guys
      Dog N Shake
      Harry's Uptown
      Annex Lounge
      Fizz
      Southeast Carryout
      Last edited by Dan; April 19, 2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

One that's not around anymore...takehomeaburger. Mmmmmmmm, good!!!

Comment

So far going through these travels, I wonder how many burgers people would actually think differently about if they go to other places.

For example, if all you've been going to the same burger place for so many years you will probably think that's really good. Or what if you fondly remember one place being excellent, and it's changed owners 2-3 times since you've last been.

There have been some burger restaurants that were highly highly highly recommended by people here or on social media and I was extremely underwhelmed by it all. And regardless of what people say about a burger, I try to go into each establishment with a clear unbiased mind and give each place a fair shot.
          ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

If you consider suburbs, Timbuktu in Andover makes one of the best burgers.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              If you consider suburbs, Timbuktu in Andover makes one of the best burgers.
              Yes sir. That is one of the burgers on my list.

Update #3 is out. Enjoy cause I'm not sure if I am:

============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

For those following along. Update #5 is out.

Halfway there!

============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                  For those following along. Update #5 is out.

Halfway there!

http://wichitabyeb.blogspot.com/2015...-reviewed.html
                  Unless I missed something, which is always a possibility, this review is about BBQ. By the way, I had a burger at Willie Burger in Haven. It is worth the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    Unless I missed something, which is always a possibility, this review is about BBQ. By the way, I had a burger at Willie Burger in Haven. It is worth the drive.
                    Ahhh this should help then

http://wichitabyeb.blogspot.com/2015/05/project-best-wichita-burger-update-5.html?m=1
                    ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                      Fixed

Comment

Forgive the old non-techy guy, but are there actual reviews of the burgers anywhere, or just the article telling us the quest continues?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Forgive the old non-techy guy, but are there actual reviews of the burgers anywhere, or just the article telling us the quest continues?
                          I'll be doing the reviews all at once when I finish all the burgers.
                          ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

National Burger Day is today.

Only made sense to put out a burger review. Has anybody been here before? Jack's Coffee Shop on south south south south Hydraulic.

============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

In celebration of National Burger Day, I suggest the following:

I know there’s some good burgers in the Wichita area, however make a short drive north to Salina and order a bag of Cozy Inn burgers; the business started in 1922 and remains strong today. I like White Castle burgers, but Cozy Inn burgers blow them away. A bag of 6 (I can eat 10) is the perfect order per person. I suggest you order and pick-up at the walk-up window; I believe there’s only seating for 6 inside; stay outside or you’ll smell like a Cozy burger for hours. Wichita's Nu-Way burgers will always be my favorite; Salina's Cozy Inn burgers are a close second.

COZY INN, 108 N 7th St, Salina, KS 67401, 273 Photos, Mon - 10:00 am - 9:00 pm, Tue - 10:00 am - 9:00 pm, Wed - 10:00 am - 9:00 pm, Thu - 10:00 am - 9:00 pm, Fri - 10:00 am - 9:00 pm, Sat - 10:00 am - 9:00 pm, Sun - 11:00 am - 8:00 pm

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If Sport Burger and TJ's not in his top 5 I am going to say he works for FIFA!

Comment

Working...
                                X