No announcement yet.

Need Help Coming up with a List of 20 Burger Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cozy's are well worth the short drive to Salina. They are not even in the same ball park of ANY Wichita burger joint.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      In celebration of National Burger Day, I suggest the following:

I know there’s some good burgers in the Wichita area, however make a short drive north to Salina and order a bag of Cozy Inn burgers; the business started in 1922 and remains strong today. I like White Castle burgers, but Cozy Inn burgers blow them away. A bag of 6 (I can eat 10) is the perfect order per person. I suggest you order and pick-up at the walk-up window; I believe there’s only seating for 6 inside; stay outside or you’ll smell like a Cozy burger for hours. Wichita's Nu-Way burgers will always be my favorite; Salina's Cozy Inn burgers are a close second.

Cozy Inn, 108 N 7th St, Salina, KS 67401: See 334 customer reviews, rated 4.3 stars. Browse 252 photos and find all the information.

Mmmmmm, Cozy burgers.....
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Update #9 is out http://wichitabyeb.blogspot.com/2015...-update-9.html

Only two more weeks until we begin counting down the best burgers in the Wichita area.
        ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
        www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          Bill's Charcoal Grill - N Arkansas
          We were looking for a new burger joint to try and stumbled on this post, so we swung over there for lunch. Good burger! Sort of had a bowling alley throwback vibe to it (the burger not the restaurant).

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We were looking for a new burger joint to try and stumbled on this post, so we swung over there for lunch. Good burger! Sort of had a bowling alley throwback vibe to it (the burger not the restaurant).
            I need to overhaul my reading skills; first thought the burgers had a 'bowling alley' taste...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Glad to hear he is still open! It has been years since I've been there, but the burgers were quite tasty. And you are right about the throwback feel! Does it still have the vintage style menu boards like these?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Glad to hear he is still open! It has been years since I've been there, but the burgers were quite tasty. And you are right about the throwback feel! Does it still have the vintage style menu boards like these?

No, doesn't have those menus. Its under new ownership, but I am guessing the same burgers (due to having the same grill). It's good and has a real "grilled" burger taste.

Comment

Great prices too...

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    T J's Burger House
                    1003 W Douglas
                    Okay based on this post I just tried TJ's today. WOW! Loved it!

Comment

• I prefer Ty's but I like the thinner burger patty. TJ's is really good if you want burgers more like Oasis and Timbuktu

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        I prefer Ty's but I like the thinner burger patty. TJ's is really good if you want burgers more like Oasis and Timbuktu
                        Have you ever had a Timbuktu burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

No, but there's a WstateU joke in there somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Comment

• Oops, wrong thread! :)

The finals of the National Poetry Contest last year came down to two finalists. One was a San Francisco State University graduate from an upper-crust family; well-bred, well-connected and all that goes with it. The other finalist was a redneck from Texas A & M. Go figure.
                              The rules of the contest required each finalist to compose a four-line poem in one minute or less, and the poem had to contain the word “Timbuktu.”
                              The San Francisco State graduate went first. About thirty seconds after the clock started he jumped up and recited the following poem:

“'Slowly across the desert sand
                              Trekked the dusty caravan.
                              Men on camels, two by two
                              Destination -- Timbuktu.”
                              The audience went wild! How, they wondered if the redneck could top that?! The clock started again and the redneck sat in silent thought. Finally, in the last few seconds, he jumped and recited:

“Tim and me, a-huntin' went.
                              Met three whores in a pop-up tent.
                              They was three, we was two,
                              So I bucked one and Timbuktu”

Comment

• For those that are fans of Jacks North Hi Carryout. They recently reopened now just serving sliders:

A burger restaurant that has had many different owners through the years once again has a new owner and this time, a new concept. Jacks North Hi Carryout
                                ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                                www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• Kung Wu
                                  Kung Wu commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Sweet! Nice review! I'll definitely try it soon.

• wu_shizzle
                                  wu_shizzle commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  It's pretty good. Not as cheap as Cozy Inn or White Castle, but they're tasty.
                              Working...
                              X