Air Capital Classic Media Center Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Capital Classic Media Center Help

Great Shocker fan Tom Holzman passed away last Saturday as many of you know. In addition to being my friend, Tommy and I have teamed up to coordinate all media activities for the Air Capital Classic for the past 25 years, which is scheduled for Crestview CC June 25-28. There is no way I could ever replace my dear friend in the capacity of this great community golf event, however I could sure use a small handful of volunteers for the week.

My media center is generally a fun place to hang out. It might be 100 degrees outside, but the media center is a perfect 70 degrees. In general, our task for the week is service the interview and story line ideas for our local media and assorted regional/national media outlets. There are phones to answer, media credentialing, players to track down and other various duties. The weekend is critical, because Mike Kennedy and I are high atop the 18th green providing continuous radio coverage of the tournament. I'm a little nervous because Tommy managed the media center while I was on the air, so Saturday and Sunday are very important for me to get adequately covered. I will warn you up front, you might have to interact with Lutz. He generally writes a couple of columns during the week (lol).

There are times during the early and mid-week days I need help as well, so volunteers with a flexible schedule is a must. I'm not very perficient with PM, but anyone who wants to get inside the ropes of a PGA run event and help me out please contact me through PM. Thanks in advance.

PS-if nobody responds because you have to hang out with me I totally understand (both Pogo and Steeleshocker haven't required serious therapy for knowing me if that helps).

I am sure you already have thought of this, but in case not, have you reached out to WSU's sport management program? It sounds like your set-up is a great spot for students to get experience.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      I am sure you already have thought of this, but in case not, have you reached out to WSU's sport management program? It sounds like your set-up is a great spot for students to get experience.
      Yes, each year we typically have an intern that is quite helpful and this may focus more in my department. Thanks for the insight, it's appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X