Need Advice about Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice about Memphis

Going to crash in Memphis for the night. Will have to go downtown near the river tomorrow morning but then rolling back home to Wichita along I 40. Any recommendations on whether to stay in West Memphis or anywhere else?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Is West Memphis safe and clean?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Is West Memphis safe and clean?
      Is that some patented Kung Wu sarcasm? I can't tell for sure.

Let's just say West Memphis and East St. Louis have a lot in common with each other.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Is that some patented Kung Wu sarcasm? I can't tell for sure.

Let's just say West Memphis and East St. Louis have a lot in common with each other.
        No! LMAO

I don't know squat about Memphis. So West Memphis is a no go then.

Comment

I used to stay in Brinkley, Arkansas when I travelled that route. Back in the day, you could get behind a convoy and go 90 mph.

It's 72 miles from Brinkley to Memphis. I used to stay at the Super 8 there, but that was over 20 years ago. That Super 8, if it's still there, had great breakfasts.

Comment

Just spend the hundred bucks and stay downtown.

Comment

I'd also like to note that if you stay in West Memphis, I'd be a little careful. I would try to go as far out on I-40 as I could and stay away from the junction with (I believe) I-55 (used to be U.S. Highway 67).

That would be where I would turn north for the trip to either Normal or Indianapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Just spend the hundred bucks and stay downtown.
                So the downtown is nice enough?

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                  My only experience with Memphis is don't stay near the airport unless you are well stocked on penicillin.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    So the downtown is nice enough?
                    There are rough patches but it's generally better than the alternatives if you want to be close-ish to the river.

Comment

If you have time, check out the new Bass Pro Shop Pyramid projected to open this spring...

"This will be one of the most dynamic retail stores in the world,” said Bass Pro Shops Founder and CEO Johnny Morris. “Developing the store has been a tremendous undertaking and represents the largest investment we’ve ever made, not only financially but in terms of time, energy and effort, in a retail store anywhere outside our national headquarters in Springfield, Missouri,” Morris said. “We are optimistic that what our team is collectively creating will set a new benchmark as a national, must-see retail, hotel, conservation and entertainment destination experience. The remarkable physical structure of the Pyramid has given us the opportunity to create one of the most incredible retail environments ever. We are excited to be a part of the transformation of this iconic structure in the city of Memphis.”

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        If you have time, check out the new Bass Pro Shop Pyramid projected to open this spring...

"This will be one of the most dynamic retail stores in the world,” said Bass Pro Shops Founder and CEO Johnny Morris. “Developing the store has been a tremendous undertaking and represents the largest investment we’ve ever made, not only financially but in terms of time, energy and effort, in a retail store anywhere outside our national headquarters in Springfield, Missouri,” Morris said. “We are optimistic that what our team is collectively creating will set a new benchmark as a national, must-see retail, hotel, conservation and entertainment destination experience. The remarkable physical structure of the Pyramid has given us the opportunity to create one of the most incredible retail environments ever. We are excited to be a part of the transformation of this iconic structure in the city of Memphis.”

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=94&storeID=61

Whoa!

Comment

I'm tellin ya. You stay near the airport and you gonna catch something. It's sleazy. You'll get a herpe on ya.
                          Stayin downtown at the Crowne!

Comment

If you want an outstanding, quick meal, try Humdingers. Fantastic fish tacos, sweet potato fries, grilled asparagus etc. A really, really good fast food (kind of) option.

Comment

I'm tellin ya. You stay near the airport and you gonna catch something. It's sleazy. You'll get a herpe on ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X