Moving back to the Wichita Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving back to the Wichita Area

My wife and I are going to be moving back to the Wichita area in May. We are looking for a good apartment on a budget (<$500) and I'm wondering what is out there that people have had a good experience with. Studio is fine, as well as "interesting". We prefer North/East side, Park City, Andover, and Augusta because she will be student teaching in Butler County somewhere. PM me if you want, or post them below. I just need some help.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

At the lease rate you're looking at I would definitely concentrate my search in the suburbs and bedroom communities around Wichita, and not Wichita proper. While you may have a few interesting neighbors at that price-point at a non-Wichita address, if you want to live in Wichita proper at $500 or less you are likely talking some pretty sucky, higher crime neighborhoods and apartment developments.

Just my take.

Comment

You might want to look at Fox Run Apartments all though that is Southeast on Webb Road but is not a bad area. We looked at this property for my Grandson about 18 months ago and it was the best balance of value and quality we found on the East side.

According to this web site Studios are $459 to $469 and 1 Bedroon Apartments are $489 to $499.

Comment

There are income based apartments in Andover. They are just behind the Atwood's at Kellogg and Andover rd. I don't know your income so I have no clue if they are for you or not

Comment

Hopefully it won't be below the "poverty line" for long, but our budget right now only allows for a certain amount until I can get a big boy job.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I lived at North Park Apartments right out of college for somewhere in the $500 range. They are at 29th & Rock, right across from Central Christian. When my wife and I moved back to town a few years ago, she gladly lived there until we found our house. Honestly, if owning a house wasn't so overrated, I'd still live there and be stashing away some significant do-re-mi.

Comment

Working...
            X