The Navy Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Navy Band

We attended a free performance of the United States Navy Band last night and it was absolutely magnificent. Extremely nice mixture of music from Sousa's marches (naturally), to opera, classical, jazz, Elton John, the Jersey Boys, the Lion King, folk music, etc., and a very patriotic medley of songs at the end.

The musical instrumental band naturally was outstanding, but it was four different female vocal performances that were absolutely tremendous and brought the house down each time.

Even though I am Army bred, I have to admit, this performance was even better than previous performances we have had the pleasure of attending by outstanding United States Army and Air Force, and Marine Corps Bands.

Whenever one of the major military service's bands comes to your area, don't miss it. Free tickets are normally available through local home town newspapers and local merchants. And take the kids.

I remember seeing a couple of the military jazz bands back in my college days. Airmen of Note was one, and I can't recall if the other was Army or Navy. But they are tremendous musicians.

Comment

Working...
    X