No money for OSU fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No money for OSU fan

Thought this was interesting. Note to halftime shooters...watch your feet.

Kind of OT but does anybody know why the OState fan was removed from the building early on in the OSU-KU game??

I found it weird and no explanation as I can remember was given.

and to be on topic.

I can understand being WELL OVER the line.

But if you are just on the line so what.

/Rod Tidwell - SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

Comment

I did a half court shot at a shockers womens game once and you have to sign a contract that lists several rules and not stepping over the line when you release the ball is one of them.

Comment

From what I've observed, there's about a 90% chance that if someone made the half-court shot at a Shocker game, it wouldn't count. They nearly always go over the line.

Comment

This happened at an Arkansas game a few years ago. They did the promotion for years without anybody winning, and this student finally does it and the crowd goes CRAZY.

Then the head of the marketing dept runs in and waves it off, and said he was over the line. I'd say he was maybe 4-5 inches past the half court line when he shot, it was pretty obvious. The crowd went crazy again, this time booing. The sponsor for the contest was FujiFilm and the crowd starts to chant "Fuji Sucks". haha.

So Frank Broyles, our former AD, is at the game and he comes down to the court and says that the Razorback Foundation would give the student the $10,000 dollars. Pretty cool.

Comment

I made a half court shot for furniture a few years back at a WSU game. I didn't have to sign anything before I shot as to the rules of the competition. My buddies would always comment on how the people always go over the line on the half court shot, and told me they were going to watch to see if i "cheated". I had it in the back of my mind not to cross it.

Part of me says they should give it to him, but then the other part says he signed the paperwork and knew the rules.

The companies that insure the contest sponsors are very strict as to what is a successful shot. I think I remember reading about a guy hitting a hole in one about 5-7 years ago for a new car in a contest and they didn't give it to him because he had teed the ball up a couple of inches in front of the tee markers. That is taking it to far.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              Kind of OT but does anybody know why the OState fan was removed from the building early on in the OSU-KU game??

and to be on topic.

All I saw is the guy leaving his seat, which was very close to the court, and all the students cheering him. My guess is he yelled at an official too much and got booted. In retrospect, he probably would have liked to catch the end of that game.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23

and to be on topic.

All I saw is the guy leaving his seat, which was very close to the court, and all the students cheering him. My guess is he yelled at an official too much and got booted. In retrospect, he probably would have liked to catch the end of that game.
                Harlan made mention of the game stoppage and then security went over to the guy.

Comment

Over The Line!!!! Mark it "Zero" Dude!

I wasn't over the line! Mark it "Eight" Dude!

You are entering a "world of pain" Smokey....a "world of pain" It's a league game.

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Lol, the Big Lebowski....(I am the walrus.) This will probably be counted as off-topic too, but what do you when from a Shocker game if you make a half court shot?
                    [img]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5175/niffithgn0.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23

and to be on topic.

I was at the game and had a decent view. The dude was obviously a pretty high roller sitting next to another older man in the front row courtside. They were jawing at the refs from the first second. Well, the ref comes jogging down the court and the other man bumps the ref on accident. Ref blows his whistle, points to the guy, gets him booted. Old geezer raises the roof. Crowd goes nuts. Problem is, they booted the wrong guy!! The dude that bumped the ref tried to explain to that ref it was HIM that actually bumped him, not his homey getting thrown out!! Classic. The ref, himself, gets fouled and he can't even get it right. Anyways, during halftime they had one of those shootouts. A student is the participant. They're building the contest up. Kid grabs the microphone and says, "I'm dedicating this performance to the dude that got kicked out." Crowd goes bananas again, and it halftime!! Anyways, it was great. Those refs were equally horrible for both teams AND themselves.
                      Who was the 1st man to lead the country in rebounding and points in the same season? Oh ya. Me!!

Comment

Working...
                      X