A special message of gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A special message of gratitude

On behalf of the entire Whalen family I wanted to take time on this Christmas Eve to offer our sincere gratitude towards Shockernet and those who contributed $1700 in Missy Whalen’s name towards The V Foundation and The Missy Whalen Memorial Scholarship Fund. It seriously has been a humbling experience to watch how all of this unfolded. I already knew this was a great online community but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought something like this could have occurred. I mean $1700 is not couch money. I’ve never witnessed something like this.

But even more importantly I can never express in words my gratitude towards our very own Doc. I mean where do I start? (Queue my inner Kevin Durant thank-you from the depths of my heart speech…) Behind the scenes Doc has been my confidant throughout this 4-month nightmare. It’s been like online/PM therapy that truly did help me throughout the most difficult time in my life. I’ve never met this great wonderful human being in person (and someday soon I plan to change that) and he literally gave me his shirt. And then the grassroots funding raising came out of nowhere. He didn’t contact me about anything…he just did it!!! And to this day he has done more for my sister than any other individual (family or friends included) throughout this ordeal. Even beyond the Shockernet fundraising event there were (and continue to be) additional (and not easy to pull off) acts of kindness that Doc provided to me and my family that I will keep in private. Honestly, I’ve never witnessed such a kind person in my entire life and it’s very difficult to find someone that truly makes a difference in other people’s lives in the way that he does. And I’m sure he has helped others along the way that none of us will ever know about.

All of this has inspired me to give more, be kinder and more generous. So Doc I would like to donate $500 towards a charitable organization of your choice. Just let me know.

So hopefully I did KD some justice in my heartfelt attempt of expressing how appreciative I am towards Doc and Shockernet. Merry Christmas to all, hug your family and Go Shox!!!

Bump. Thanks to Doc for delivering this basketball to my cancer stricken sister 6 years ago. It is time to put it to its best use and help a kid attend WSU. Please feel free to pass this listing along.

2014 Wichita State team autographed basketball included with case. Includes Gregg Marshall, Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet.

Comment

If anyone is interested in a direct donation to the scholarship:

Click the green Donate Online button it will take you to the general WSU donation page. From there click on Search and type in Whalen and her scholarship will instantly appear.

Thanks!

Comment

Bump. Auction ends today.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          Bump. Auction ends today.
          Dang! $360!? That's a steal! Let's go Shockernet!!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
          X