Driving to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving to Memphis

I'll be heading to Memphis from the ICT area later in January for a conference. Does anyone have any specific recommendations as regards to routes? Google Maps is showing two specific routes to Memphis, the first and shortest (both time and mile wise) is through Joplin the Springfield on US-60 and then down into AR/TN on US-63? It is my understanding that US-60 is four lane everywhere east of joplin but I think US-63 winds around down in Southern Missouri as two lane for a considerable stretch. The other route I am considering is the all interstate route from Joplin down towards Fort Smith and then on through Little Rock to Memphis on I-49 then I-40. Any thoughts?

Keepin in mind that I can't take the I-35 south route through Tulsa and then on I-40 to Memphis because I have to pick someone up in Iola earlier that morning.

Just curious if anyone has made the drive and has any thoughts
    Last edited by wsushox1; December 21, 2014, 02:52 AM.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

63 is 2 lanes for only bout 20-25 miles and wasnt that bad. 60 is nice now that it is finished, but there are a few stoplights.

We went to Branson and took that route. Was very easy drive, but beautiful scenery and friendly people along the way.

Comment

Working...
    X