Christmas ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas ideas

Folks, help an out-of-towner out here. I can usually find anything I'm looking for, but I am having trouble finding a place in Wichita where I can find something similar to this: charcuterie1.jpg Looking for artisan quality type cured meats. Any ideas?

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. If there's a place to obtain quality charcuterie in Wichita, I don't know where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
      Fresh Market = NO, Whole Foods, not sure.....
      Probably need to give them another shot, but I'm not impressed so far with whole foods unless you're impressed with their ability to empty your wallet.

Comment

You might check Yoder Meats in, you guessed it, Yoder.

Comment

Does the Douglas Avenue Chop Shop carry this kind of product? I've never been, but have heard it has a good selection of stuff.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Give a report on the Chop Shop, even if you don't find your quarry!
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
              Douglas Avenue Chop Shop. This is definitely a must for anyone liking high end meats and cheeses. It is exactly what I was looking for. Ended up with two fantastic looking salamis. Their fresh house made sausages look incredible, and they have quite a few varieties. When you go in, it doesn't look like much, but the closer you look the more stuff you find. I had to exercise discretion to not spend a small fortune in there. Flat pancettas, rolled pancettas, prosciutto, cappo, just all kinds of deliciousness!
              Cappo, as in capicola ham? Oh dear lord, there goes my discretionary food money...

I've been wanting to make this sandwich: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/rec...t-mario-batali

Comment

What did you do, eat it all in the car? :)

Comment

Working...
                X