Royals offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royals offseason

Kendrys Morales for 2 years, $17 million.

I hope last year was an anomaly or this will be a bad signing. I also fear it means they aren't hopeful to get a RF, so they abandoned their plan to rotate players at DH and we're going to end up with another Aoki type in RF.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Kendrys Morales for 2 years, $17 million.

I hope last year was an anomaly or this will be a bad signing. I also fear it means they aren't hopeful to get a RF, so they abandoned their plan to rotate players at DH and we're going to end up with another Aoki type in RF.
    Blech!

So, is he a $17mil backup for Hosmer or an outfield project? He's played only ~2.4% of his innings in RF.

I kind of wish they would consider Dyson for a full time OF spot. Move Cain to RF and put Dyson in CF. I just think if he could get in a rhythm playing every day that he could hit.
    Last edited by Shocker85; December 11, 2014, 05:14 PM.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
      Blech!

So, is he a $17mil backup for Hosmer or an outfield project? He's played only ~2.4% of his innings in RF.

I kind of wish they would consider Dyson for a full time OF spot. Move Cain to RF and put Dyson in RF. I just think if he could get in a rhythm playing every day that he could hit.
      I heard Hosmer got the ebola.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I wish he'd catch the homerunna for a full season.

Comment

And now $11 million for one season of Alex Rios.

I hate MLB not having a salary cap. Not that KC would bump up against it, but when it comes to free agent salaries, the rising tide lifts all boats, even if they're leaking.

Comment

Rios is coming off his first bad season, or he would have commamded more money. Even his down year is comparable to Aoki, but he is faster, and a better defender.

I think this is a solid risk/reward move.

Comment

Perhaps. I'm just leery of signing players in their 30's coming off their first bad year. The odds are high that it was the first year of their inevitable decline. And now our two "big" off-season acquisitions are just that type.

That said, if last year was an anomaly for both, next year's lineup is going to look pretty dang good:

LF Gordon
              SS Escobar
              CF Cain
              1B Hosmer
              C Perez
              DH Morales
              RF Rios
              3B Moose
              2B Infante

I could see Perez and Morales getting swapped in the batting order.

Comment

And what should be the final significant free agent offseason signing is former Pirates starting pitcher Edinson Volquez. 2 years, $20 million.

Overall, we're just going to have to wait and see how these three perform next year before judging these signings.

Comment

They definitely went with the high risk, high reward theme.

Comment

KC has avoided arbitration with Coleman, Collins, Dyson, Cain, Moose and Duffy. Now waiting on Hosmer, Holland and Herrera.

Attached Files

Comment

Not that there was even a shred of hope but Shields just signed a 4 year / 75 mil contract with Padres.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                        Not that there was even a shred of hope but Shields just signed a 4 year / 75 mil contract with Padres.
                        I think they may regret the last two years of that contract. Maybe Shields has Colonel Steve Austin's arm, but if not, he is either going to lose effectiveness or finally have an injury or two.

Comment

Working...
                        X