Game 9: KC Chiefs at Buffalo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 9: KC Chiefs at Buffalo

KC Chiefs (6-3) win in a come from behind effort 17-13 in crazy game.

Opening day Turd against the Titans looming large now. Chiefs still control their own destiny though.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Opening day Turd against the Titans looming large now. Chiefs still control their own destiny though.
      I still can't believe that Week 1 performance. They were awful.

Have been great since, but hopefully that game won't be the one that keeps them out of the playoffs.
      The Assman

Comment

Stole a game there today IMO. I admire their grit and determination. To look so miserable most of the game and come out with a W on the road to another potential playoff team is something that I have not come to expect from the Chiefs in past years. Good win!
        Go Shocks!

Comment

Sometimes on the road you gotta have breaks go your way to win. The Bills match up very, very well with the Chiefs. The Chiefs won't face a team this year with a defensive front as good as the Bills. When your O-line is your primary weakness, that's absolutely huge.

Just simply a gutsy win and a huge one for the playoff race. This is a game the Chiefs wouldn't have won in previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            I still can't believe that Week 1 performance. They were awful.

Have been great since, but hopefully that game won't be the one that keeps them out of the playoffs.
            This was a game KC should have lost - but didn't. So in the end if you are playing the "should have, would haves" then the Chiefs are really even now.

Comment

Still pissed about this game. We (Buffalo) outplayed the Chiefs all game. Two years in a row of doing that, and zero wins against KC to show for it. Gritty effort by the Chiefs, they stuck it out and made key plays at key moments. They just happened to play the absolute best team possible in terms of teams that love to piss away games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                Still pissed about this game. We (Buffalo) outplayed the Chiefs all game. Two years in a row of doing that, and zero wins against KC to show for it. Gritty effort by the Chiefs, they stuck it out and made key plays at key moments. They just happened to play the absolute best team possible in terms of teams that love to piss away games.
                You're not wrong. Kyle Orton has always had one glaring fault: He can't punch it in when he gets to the red zone. This was especially true today when time after time the Bills' drives stalled. Buffalo is a hard place to play and that defensive front is absolutely crazy. I wouldn't mind a rematch in KC but I hope we don't meet in Buffalo again this year.

Comment

You have enough blowout wins vs KC in recent years to make up for it! Seriously, some of those were just embarrassing!

How many years in a row have KC and Buffalo played now? 7? (It's a lot like WSU and DePaul)
                  The Assman

Comment

Yep, 7 in a row. Seems more one-sided in favor of the Chiefs, but it has been pretty even, record-wise. Guess you are predisposed with a negative mindset as a Bills fan.

I wouldn't mind 8 in a row, as long as the next one is in Kansas City.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      You're not wrong. Kyle Orton has always had one glaring fault: He can't punch it in when he gets to the red zone. This was especially true today when time after time the Bills' drives stalled. Buffalo is a hard place to play and that defensive front is absolutely crazy. I wouldn't mind a rematch in KC but I hope we don't meet in Buffalo again this year.
                      Yeah, if we had an offensive coordinator to go along with that front 7, we would be a playoff caliber team this year. I'm not a huge fan of Nathaniel Hackett.

Don't remember much of Orton in Chicago or Denver, but he has been pretty good so far this year. I would say other than the 2nd half against New England, today was his worst game in terms of hitting open receivers. At least 2 touchdowns missed because he overthrew guys, from my count. Of course, it helps when your WRs also don't drop 3-4 catchable balls.

Fortunately for you guys, if you can steal the second game against Denver, and play .500 ball other than that, I think you may have a decent shot at playoffs again this year. The AFC North will start to cannibalize itself some, and Miami will fizzle out. Unfortunately for us, this game essentially decided the fate of our season: we will finish again somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7, and miss the playoffs for the 15th straight year:ranting2:. Thank God for Shocker basketball :wsu_posters:

Comment

Yep, 7 in a row. Seems more one-sided in favor of the Chiefs, but it has been pretty even, record-wise. Guess you are predisposed with a negative mindset as a Bills fan.

I wouldn't mind 8 in a row, as long as the next one is in Kansas City.
                        You get major props, in my book, for being a Bills fan. That's a tough relationship.
                        The Assman

Comment

Don't remember much of Orton in Chicago or Denver, but he has been pretty good so far this year.
                          Kyle Orton was good enough to get the Broncos beat. You can say that luck or whatever helped Tim Tebow win in Denver in that 2011 season, but I can guarantee that had Denver stuck with Orton rather than make the switch to Tebow, the Broncos' season would have gone very similar to the previous season's 4-12 garbage. The signature play of his career with Denver was the MNF opener against Oakland in 2011. At a crucial point in the fourth quarter, Orton had a receiver coming across the middle who was wide open and could have had a long gain if not a touchdown. Orton started to throw and the ball just came out of his hand....no strip from a defensive player...he just dropped the ball for an Oakland defender to recover.
                          78-65

Comment

I know this is off topic, but could Carson Palmer have been any luckier with his timing??

Obviously, tearing an ACL is not lucky at all, but singing a $50M extension (at 34) just days before is! I'd damn sure tear my ACL, for how ever much that guaranteed money will be.

Wish him nothing but a speedy and healthy recovery. He was starting to click on all cylinders in Arizona.
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                              You get major props, in my book, for being a Bills fan. That's a tough relationship.
                              He can probably say the same thing about us. The Bills haven't made the playoffs for 15 years.. yet they've won a playoff game more recently than the Chiefs.

Comment

Working...
                              X