Shooter of Bin Laden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooter of Bin Laden

A SEAL who claims to have been the person to actually have shot Bin Laden has gone public. Thoughts? and does it even matter who shot him?
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

I believe in "The Quiet Professional" period all of this chatter is very unbecoming.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

There are a large group of brave individuals who combined to take down OBL; doesn't matter which one pulled the trigger.

Comment

The claimant was removed from the team because of his loose lips, which conflicts with the reported actual account. It is called a shadow war for a reason and participants should adhere to the code when dealing with the public. OPSEC/PERSEC is foremost concern.

Peter Bergen: Navy SEALs dispute an account in Esquire magazine that focused on a single “Shooter” in the Osama bin Laden raid in Pakistan in 2011.

Comment

I look at it like a basketball game. One guy might take the game winner, but I've never seen a 40 minute game that ended with a score of 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0. There are other people who take shots, who defend, the team wins or loses. If the purpose of troops going to Afghanistan was to capture or kill Bin-Laden and/or Al Qaeda then there are a few thousand team members who are also responsible for that kill. Many who don't get to grow older, many who came back with fewer parts than they left with. All of them are responsible for that kill, and for the one guy who pulled the trigger to brag about it or use it for personal gain is beyond sad.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I saw this in one of the team rooms on Facebook and thought it was funny true so I am posting here (black ops is more a civilian term than contemporary military):

Comment

UNSUNG HEROES: The 77 People On The Bin Laden Raid Who Are Staying Quiet

Comment

Working...
              X