Chiefs will "host" Lions in London in 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs will "host" Lions in London in 2015

Looks like the Chiefs, will be playing one of their home games across the pound, next season (Week 8).

A lot of people seem to be up in arms about this, but I view it as a good opportunity to appeal to international fans as well as give European Chiefs fans, a chance to see a game live.

The biggest complaint, is that they lose home-field advantage for a game. While KC fans are amazing and loud, home games don't garnet wins (Titans in Week 1). Another fear is that season ticket holders might be charged for this eighth "home" game, without the possibility of going.

All in all, I think it will turn out to be just fine. If anything, this will give some people the excuse to finally make that trip to Europe they have been wanting too.
    The Assman

The issue people are having is that the home teams that typically agree to the games in the UK are teams with stadiums being built. The Chiefs voluntarily gave up a home game for this. Meaning it's a home game that 99.99% of fans that would attend, can't go to.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      The issue people are having is that the home teams that typically agree to the games in the UK are teams with stadiums being built. The Chiefs voluntarily gave up a home game for this. Meaning it's a home game that 99.99% of fans that would attend, can't go to.
      I understand that, I try to make a few games a year myself.

I was at the Jets game this past weekend, and there was a lot of people dressed as empty seats. Granted it was the Jets, but I have been to plenty of other games that were far from sell outs.

It's a one time only thing, and it will give them the opportunity to bid on the Super Bowl as you have to play a game in London, within 5 years of your bid.
      The Assman

Comment

Working...
      X