Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Shave November - Noshember

Some of you may not be aware of the "No Shave November" aka "Noshember"

The goal of Noshember is not so much the contest or even the ritual shaving, but rather the shear laziness of being unkempt and rough together for an entire month. Let us not get bogged down in detail, but keep our eyes on the prize. Or prizes as it were. We're just glad to have you beard-keepers along for the ride.
    -Just do your best

http://www.noshember.com/pages/rules.php Rules for "Strict" and "Businessman" categories are listed at the bottom of this post.

Pointers from Nick Offerman aka Ron Swanson

Rules Version One - Strict
    The Noshember "No Shave November" Rules
    As it was written: "Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Leviticus 19:27

1) On October 31st, shave your entire face as cleanly as possible. No stubble, no "pre-existing" facial hair. Shave completely.

2) Take a "before" picture. [Insert instructions on where to send before and after pics.]

3) Do not shave or trim for the entire month. No trimming your neck, no shaving your mustache, no shaping your beard.

4) At the end of November we will vote on the most epic facial hair. [insert here about when/where/how your group will vote. time and location if you are doing an event/party]

5) Noshemberers will be judged by:
    [Add or remove to fit your group]
    Longest
    Fullest/Thickest
    The Picasso (Patchy/Abstract)
    The George "Babyface" Nelson

6) Take your "after" picture. [Insert instructions on where to send before and after pics.]

7) On Dec. 1 you can finally shave!

Rules Version Two - Easy/Businessman
    The Noshember "No Shave November" Rules
    1) On October 31st, shave your entire face as cleanly as possible. You can keep "pre-existing" facial hair, just make sure the rest is clean as possible. The goal is epic hair!

2) Take a "before" picture. [Insert instructions on where to send before and after pics.]

3) Do not shave for the entire month. If you need to trim your neck, shave your mustache, or shape your beard somehow, go for it, as long as you have something to show for your efforts in your after pics. Again, whatever you have to do to participate in No Shave November!

4) At the end of November we will vote on the most epic facial hair. [insert here about when/where/how your group will vote. time and location if you are doing an event/party]

Longest New Growth
    Fullest/Thickest New Growth

6) Take your "after" picture. [Insert instructions on where to send before and after pics.]

Rules - Optional Changes
    1) Every day, starting when you first shave, take a picture in the same spot, same position.

2) At the end of November we will shave and weigh to compare! Save your clippings, washing off all shaving cream, dry them, and put them in a ziplock bag. [insert here about when/where/how your group will measure, who to give it to. This one is better for women to compete with]

3) At the end of November we will measure length to compare! [insert here about when/where/how your group will measure. time and location if you are doing an event/party. Another one better for women to compete with]

4) Noshemberers will be judged by:
    Measuring Weight
    Measuring Length
    Style and Fashion
    Presentation/Attitude
    The Horrible Beard
    The Pre-Teen Face
    Sasquatch Legs (women)
    Sasquatch Pits (women)
    By Category
    The Rockstar
    The Playoff Beard
    The Clooney
    The Frenchmen
    The Doctor
    The Fu Manchu
    The Flying Dutchman
    The Dali
    The Handlebar
    The OG
    Starburns
    The Offermen
    The Mario and Luigi
    The Soul Patch
    Inigo Montoya
    Chinstrap

5) On Dec. 1 you can finally shave!

6) Take your final full beard pic, and when you shave add your "after" picture, put together an animation or video of your whole month. [Insert instructions on where to send before and after pics.]

7) In December - DO NOT SHAVE - trim as much as you need to, but keep it going. Then on Christmas morning, shave all but your mustache, and surprise the whole family with a beautiful display for "Mustache Christmas Morning"

Rules - No Shave November Women
    The Noshember "No Shave November" Rules for Women
    That's right, as long as there as been Noshember, there have been women participants (noshemberinas). Women can choose to join the laziness and not shave their legs or even armpits. They can even compete:

1) On October 31st, shave completely.

3) Do not shave for the entire month.

4) At the end of November we will vote on the most epic hair. Come prepared to show off your growth! [insert here about when/where/how your group will vote. time and location if you are doing an event/party. women can also participate in length or weight comparisons. in our experience, it usually comes out pretty close/competitive!]

Longest New Growth
    Fullest/Thickest New Growth

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

I sort of did this last year, unofficially. At some point near the end of November I said I would let it go until WSU lost it's first game, which I expected to be sometime in December.

Comment

Got my beard going.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Is this cheating?

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
          My son has the full-on Garret Stutz working now.
          Son of Yeti!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Since the Shocks went 35-0 the last time I did it, I'm thinking of doing it again. Unofficially, of course, since I'm already a little late. If they make it through November unscathed, we'll see.

Comment

Working...
            X