EBOLA....its here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebola-Infected Surgeon Dies in Nebraska

Dr. Martin Salia, infected with Ebola in Sierra Leone, has died at Nebraska Medical Center. He was already very ill when he arrived, his doctors say.

Dr. Martin Salia, infected with Ebola in his native Sierra Leone, died Monday at Nebraska Medical Center. His doctors are holding a news conference to describe what happened, but Salia was already very, very sick when he was flown to the United States.

Comment

• That was no surprise. He was essentially DOA. Sad story. Unfortunately, he tested negative for Ebola on the 6th, but that most likely was a false negative. He wasn't tested again until the 10th, where he tested positive and then didn't arrive in Omaha until the 16th. He was already in kidney failure and needing a vent before he got here. Time is very critical and it just took too long.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Why are things so quiet on this front? No news about Ebola at all for a couple weeks now.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Elections over no need to scare the faint of heart.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Why are things so quiet on this front? No news about Ebola at all for a couple weeks now.
            This just in...

We're all gonna die!!!
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Doctors, man.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Genetically Modified Cattle With Human DNA Might Hold Ebola Cure

On a farm outside Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a herd of cloned, genetically engineered cattle are busy incubating antibodies against the Ebola virus.

On a farm outside Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a herd of cloned, genetically engineered cattle are busy incubating antibodies against the Ebola virus.

Researchers hope the cattle - which certainly don't look like anything special - will produce gallons of blood plasma that could be used to treat people with the deadly virus, which has infected more than 21,000 people in West Africa and killed 8,500 of them.

"These animals produce very high levels of human antibody," said Eddie Sullivan, president and CEO of SAb Biotherapeutics, the company that developed the cattle.

The cattle have been genetically engineered with human DNA so that their bodies don't produce cattle antibodies but human antibodies. They're cloned to make a herd of genetically identical, part-human animals.

Comment

• That sounds like the start of a terrible sci fi horror story.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I assume your better half is in charge? Perhaps that's why you have that monster firework stash? :)

Let's see....$12 million over 3 hospitals and 5 years to fight a worldwide disease...and $29 million for Charleston. Sounds about right.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I assume your better half is in charge? Perhaps that's why you have that monster firework stash? :)

Let's see....$12 million over 3 hospitals and 5 years to fight a worldwide disease...and $29 million for Charleston. Sounds about right.
                        My wife isn't up there if there isn't a patient up there. Oh, they train some. She works in the ER and NICU.

As for the math, your problem is you are calculating using the old math. if you use the new math, it makes more sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          As for the math, your problem is you are calculating using the old math. if you use the new math, it makes more sense.
                          Maybe that explains the 50% mortality rate of Ebola?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Maybe that explains the 50% mortality rate of Ebola?
                            LOL!!!

Comment

• Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey 'in serious condition'

A Scottish nurse who contracted Ebola in Sierra Leone last year is in a "serious condition" after being readmitted to an isolation unit in London.

A Scottish nurse who contracted Ebola in Sierra Leone last year is in a "serious condition" after being readmitted to an isolation unit in London.

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde confirmed that the virus is still present in Pauline Cafferkey's body after being left over from the original infection.

Comment

Working...
                              X