KC vs Denver - Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC vs Denver - Week 2

Chiefs trail 21-10. Had opening drive in the 2nd half that got clear to the Denver 5 and came away with nothing after penalties, sacks and MISSED FG

24-17 Denver with 3:24, KC ball. Closer than I thought with Charles and Barry going down in this game.

Comment

Not only losing 5-6 starters but some of their most talented players are injured.

Comment

It wouldn't be the Chiefs if they didn't give you false hope

Comment

Andy Reid seriously needs to outsource his timeout and clock management decisions to some 12 year old that plays Madden. Andy Reid has been doing this for years and it's absolutely infuriating that an NFL head coach does not understand timeouts and clock management.
          Last edited by AndShock; September 14, 2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Given the injuries I am not terribly upset. I am still uneasy about the kicking game and two games in Smith has yet to prove his higher value.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
              Chiefs were handed a gift today. They refused it.
              No, they didn't refuse it. They touched it, fumbled it around a bit, and almost opened it, then gave it back.

Comment

Idiots.

They werent gifted anything. They fought through injuries, and missing 5 starters almost beat Denver in Denver.

Smith needs more Travis Kelce's and less Bowe/Avery/Davis butterfingers dropping balls. They need to trade Hali and get Ford some snaps. They need to release Bowe and sign Joe Blow off the waiver wire.

Everyone loves to point at Alex, but count the drops and add to completions. Not many were off target.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  Idiots.

They werent gifted anything. They fought through injuries, and missing 5 starters almost beat Denver in Denver.

Smith needs more Travis Kelce's and less Bowe/Avery/Davis butterfingers dropping balls. They need to trade Hali and get Ford some snaps. They need to release Bowe and sign Joe Blow off the waiver wire.

Everyone loves to point at Alex, but count the drops and add to completions. Not many were off target.
                  You point out players that drop passes and then praise Kelce, who dropped a big one today? ....

Bowe played well today and had some huge completions, no reason to cut him at all. Davis is a stud, as is Kelce.

The Chiefs got some huge gifts from multiple offsides penalties that the Broncos committed, including one that led to a pick six being taken away. You could argue that Smith knew there was a flag on the play, but it's debatable.

This team gave me a little bit of hope and we'll see how they play next week. If they come out and play well, they have a chance to win in Miami and ride that momentum into the MNF matchup against the Patriots. If they go and get blown out by the Fins.. well it's just the same old Chiefs then.

Comment

I'm going to bring up the offensive line. I have some hope for them in the future but they are very inexperienced, young, and haven't played together enough to know each other. They are doing some good things but they are both young across the entire line, losing two starters with experience to free agency that they couldn't afford(salary cap), they have a left tackle who played at a small Div. 1 University who I believe still has a very good upside but hopefully isn't what he will be with experience, losing another young talented starter because of PED's (they replaced him with the talented starting guard (Allen) who they subsequently lost for the entire season last week), and a left guard who they just gained a little over one week ago because he was cut, and the Chiefs picked him up and placed him in the starting lineup. I though that Alex Smith played a great game today, running for his life a good amount of the time and making plays passing when the defense knew exactly what he was going to do and just teed off of the offensive lineman in front of them. Without their best player (Jamall Charles), they fought through everything and continued to fight the entire game. I hope that their kicker isn't a lost cause (he may be talented) but he has got off to catastrophic start and sometime kickers never recover mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      I'm going to bring up the offensive line. I have some hope for them in the future but they are very inexperienced, young, and haven't played together enough to know each other. They are doing some good things but they are both young across the entire line, losing two starters with experience to free agency that they couldn't afford(salary cap), they have a left tackle who played at a small Div. 1 University who I believe still has a very good upside but hopefully isn't what he will be with experience, losing another young talented starter because of PED's (they replaced him with the talented starting guard (Allen) who they subsequently lost for the entire season last week), and a left guard who they just gained a little over one week ago because he was cut, and the Chiefs picked him up and placed him in the starting lineup. I though that Alex Smith played a great game today, running for his life a good amount of the time and making plays passing when the defense knew exactly what he was going to do and just teed off of the offensive lineman in front of them. Without their best player (Jamall Charles), they fought through everything and continued to fight the entire game. I hope that their kicker isn't a lost cause (he may be talented) but he has got off to catastrophic start and sometime kickers never recover mentally.
                      The O-line really impressed me today. They faced a much better pass rush than last week and held up just fine. Fisher played really well, allowed 0 sacks against Ware. Hudson is proving to be a solid center. McGlynn has a longgg ways to go though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                        The O-line really impressed me today. They faced a much better pass rush than last week and held up just fine. Fisher played really well, allowed 0 sacks against Ware. Hudson is proving to be a solid center. McGlynn has a longgg ways to go though.
                        I won't quibble with your use of the word impressed because it is a relative term. Their willingness to fight hard the entire game against a very nice defensive front, was impressive. Hudson was quite good, and Fisher did a nice job today. I was not aware that Ware did not get a sack but he did pressure (other defensive linemen did too) Smith, fortunately Smith is quite mobile. My hope is that the ceiling for the offensive line is high and they will grow into a nice offensive line. I think that Fulton has talent and although a rookie will grow into a fine offensive linemen. If Allen hadn't been injured, when Stephenson returns, I would be quite optimistic. Maybe it will still turn out good. That remains to be seen.

Comment

I might add that Fisher is very talented second year lineman with a great upside that he still hopefully will obtain. Hudson is a nice second or third year player that is solid and quick enough to be good in the open field on linebackers, and defensive backs on screens. Fulton has some talent but is still a rookie. Harris, was just obtained this past week when Allen (a talented third year player) was hurt, and McGlynn was obtained just over a week ago. McGlynn is a 5 year player who never has hung on with a team for any length of time (probably for the reason that he lacks talent) and Harris is a 5 or 6 year player who is more talented than McGlynn but has not been a strong enough player to hang on with a singular team. When Stephenson comes back, they may be able to move Harris to left guard. My biggest concern about their offensive line (caused by the injuries) is that they have no experienced anchor on the line that can forge them together during the year. They probably won't be consistently good this year but the experience they gain may help them next year.

Comment

The Bears won so I'm happy.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              Andy Reid seriously needs to outsource his timeout and clock management decisions to some 12 year old that plays Madden. Andy Reid has been doing this for years and it's absolutely infuriating that an NFL head coach does not understand timeouts and clock management.
                              Completely off topic, but this TOTALLY reminds me of all the trash talk about Gregg Marshall's timeout and clock management in his first two/three years at WSU. Man I should try and dig up some of those old quotes and start a new thread in the bball forum.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X