Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Chiefs Done after Week 1 Loss to Tenn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Chiefs Done after Week 1 Loss to Tenn?

Chiefs lost 26-10, no offense, several key injuries
    Chiefs are DONE!
    66.67%
    Chiefs will bounce BACK! There is 15 more weeks
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

I hate to say it but stick a fork in them. There's only enough positive energy in KC for one pro team to be good. The pendulum swung over to the Royals this year so we better just enjoy that

I didn't include sporting kc because it was soccer... :)

Comment

Yep.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Chiefs lost 26-10, no offense, several key injuries
        Also they were ironically outscored by their own kicker

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          Also they were ironically outscored by their own kicker
          The kicker argument is irrelevant. The kickers could have been flipped and the results would have been the same (give/take 3 points).

(I know you weren't necessarily arguing about the kicker decision, but i have seen it on social media as if it has some barring on the outcome of the game. It's idiotic.).
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post

I didn't include sporting kc because it was soccer... :)
            Soccer is such a minor sport it is not relevant when discussing baseball, football, basketball or golf.
            Last edited by JJClamdip; September 8, 2014, 04:58 AM.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Your poll Is wrong. I'm pretty sure there's more than 15 weeks left in the season.

Comment

To pay Alex Smith what he wanted, they had to cut McCluster and Succop. What Smith should have asked for, instead of $18 mill, was an offensive line.

When you have to pay so much for your QB that you cut one of the best kickers in the league and a high-quality backup RB - and then that QB throws 3 interceptions - and the kicker puts up more points than your team, that comparison is going to be drawn.

Smith had one good season against a weak schedule. I don't follow off-season stuff really close, but did something happen to the Chiefs offensive line? Tennessee was keying the entire D on Charles, but even with the D focusing on the run, the line couldn't stop the pass rush. And Smith does not look like a down field passer. He's just not accurate on deep routes.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Because of the way the schedule opened, this was a must-win game for Kansas City. They are not winning in Denver next week, but there's no shame in that. Maybe the Chiefs could have taken whatever momentum from a 1-1 start to steal a win in Miami and then maybe ride "Arrowhead Magic" for the MNF showdown with New England. With smoke and mirrors, I suppose 3-1 was possible, but they had to take care of business against Tennessee, and they did not. With Miami's impressive win over New England, that game got tougher. New England is still going to be really tough...and maybe even more desperate. San Francisco is looking to be a tough team yet again. Hitting the bye at 0-5 (with a road game at San Diego out of the bye...0-6?) is looking very possible.
                  78-65

Comment

The Chiefs lost 3 of their starting OL from a season ago.

Thier starting R Tackle was suspended for this game, as was Dwayne Bowe.

We did nothing to address our biggest needs in this years Draft (OL amd WR) and we did little in off-season either.

We will he lucky if Fisher can play LT, but should you really have to feel lucky in the second year after taking that plywr #1 overall??

At least down here I can just blend in with the Saints fans and wait for our NEXT blown Top 5 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      Your poll Is wrong. I'm pretty sure there's more than 15 weeks left in the season.
                      maybe ISIS will prempt some of the NFL season?

Comment

#WinlessForJameis and #MiseryForMariota campaigns are in full effect!

On the real though, what I saw on Sunday that would infuriate me the most (if I was still a Chiefs fan), was the lack of intensity and passion. I am taking from the players, to the coaching staff, to the fans (which is understandable with the product that was on the field). No player or coach looked like they knew or cared what was going on (sans Eric Berry, who is now their best and most important defensive player). I'll also give Jamaal a pass, because it's hard to give a damn, when you're not in the game (It's like they thought he was injured for the game). I am not usually one to put stock in pre-seassion, but I stand corrected after the results from yesterday.

Let's be straight, the Titans are not a good team, but the Chiefs made them look like world-beaters. This was ABSOLUTELY a must-win game, with the schedule coming up. Now, realistically, the next win in the forseeable future is STL (which very well could be a battle of winless teams). The soft schedule last year made this team complacent. After the bye week they had a losing record (not to mention the epic playoff collapse). I guess this really shouldn't have come as a surprise. The signs were there.

All that being said, the most upsetting thing the Chiefs do (as an organization) is play it safe and coast along; play scared rather then go for the kill. They did it when they hired Reid (Eagles reject). They did it when they overspent on the Smith trade (Niners reject). The list goes on and on. I mean, it doesn't need to be said that the last KC drafted QB to win a game, (the wrong pick then as well), was drafted a decent amount of time before some of posters on here can even remember.

Future prospects to look much better. After the humiliation to end last season, no significant changes seemed to be made: No changes in the coaching staff. No significant roster changes (unless you count losing players). No real addressing of team needs in the draft (it's sad when your best pick is a 4th round OW). I'm staring to wonder which era will be worse; Pioli or Dorsey. To be honest, Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson probably would have done well if given more time. Most all the great players on the team were drafted by them.

This is what we have come to expect of the Chiefs, or the other KC team though. They possess a special kind of suck, only also known by Cleveland. Whatever they did to pi$$ off the sports Gods, must have been really bad.
                        The Assman

Comment

Succop was far from one of the best kickers in the league, guy missed kicks all the time and was not reliable from long range. McCluster wanted a lot of money and honestly Dave Toub made the special teams what it is.. as you could see yesterday when McCluster did absolutely nothing on any return. The next tackle he breaks will be his first. DAT will be a playmaker if he's ever able to get and stay healthy, which is by far his biggest issue.

If the Chiefs had played okay and hadn't lost their heart and soul of their defense and a decent lineman to injuries during the game, I'd say it's okay and with Bowe, Stephenson, DAT, and Cooper coming back there will be many chances to win games.

But... the season is pretty much over now. There's no replacement for DJ. The guy had been so durable over the years, to see him go down like that just makes me sad. I'd be surprised if he ever really recovers from that injury. And he was so close to having the most tackles in Chiefs history..

Next weekend is gonna be ugly. Very, very, very ugly. Maybe if the Broncos are generous, they'll only drop 50 or 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                            But... the season is pretty much over now. There's no replacement for DJ. The guy had been so durable over the years, to see him go down like that just makes me sad. I'd be surprised if he ever really recovers from that injury. And he was so close to having the most tackles in Chiefs history..
                            Agreed. He was always my favorite Chiefs player (co-favorite once Berry came around). Chiefs HOF no doubt. I hope he can come back and at least break the tackles record. Would be amazing way for him to go out.
                            The Assman

Comment

Working...
                            X