Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wwife is involved in this... I wish she wasn't.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wwife is involved in this... I wish she wasn't.

http://m.livewellnebraska.com/health....html?mode=jqm
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

The current methods of treating Ebola in Africa are contributing to its spread. When Ebola first emerged, the people affected died so quickly that the virus had little chance to spread.

The current treatments in Africa are keeping people alive long enough to increase their ability to spread the virus. I hate to be the guy who says, "just put them into isolation and let them die", but the alternative is to keep the virus alive to infect others.

When there is no cure for a fatal virus, the only way to stop the virus is by the death of the hosts of the virus.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I say if your dumb enough to go to Africa and risk getting sick you need to stay in Africa until your healthy again. We shouldn't be bringing sick volunteers like this back into the States.

Comment

I support and admire those that travel to third world countries to help and care for the "least of these." Care and compassion for those that are suffering is a quality in our human journey. If unfortunately they contract diseases, I support them having access to the best health care services available.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Ebola is the modern equivalent of the Black Death. Sure, the realm of human medicine is not comparable whatsoever to what was available 700 years ago, but the commonality is that there was and is no known cure for either calamity.

Everyone is going to have their own opinion on this, but I don't support bringing those with Ebola into this country for treatment unless there is a zero percent risk of transmission. That is not the case however, even via the words of those who are excitedly tasked with treating the Ebola patients. There is most definitely a risk of it getting out of containment. The likelihood is irrelevant; what is relevant is the fact that there is a likelihood at all. When you are talking about something that has no cure, is so easily spread, and has a survival rate of 50%, there is absolutely no reason to be introducing that virus - regardless of risk mitigation - to our country for the benefit of 1 and the risk of 300,000,000. It is just asinine, and reeks of the arrogance of mankind to think he has a leash on a monster like this.

The only reason this guy went to Omaha is because someone up there had the big idea at some point in the past that they wanted the spotlight someday when a scenario exactly like this came down the tracks, and called an engineer and contractor accordingly. It has jack crap to do with saving this one individual's life, and everything to do with one group of medical professionals hoping to slap a merit badge on their shoulder for bragging rights amongst their peers. The egos in medicine are off the charts. No shock at all that a penis measuring contest like this is taking place in a town with a culture like Omaha's.
          Last edited by SHOCKvalue; September 7, 2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I support those who choose to put themselves in harm's way. When they choose to put me into harm's way, that is a different story.

Comment

I never advocated transporting health care workers to the States. With the technology today, quality health care can be provided in the field, but it requires some investment. Even if infected health care workers are not transported to the USA, it is likely that over time that Ebola will spread to our country.
              Last edited by Shocker-maniac; September 7, 2014, 02:29 PM.
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

So far the USA is 3 and 0 in beating Ebola. I say as long as we keep winning that battle and all the proper protocols are in place then let's fight the good fight. I am not for leaving one of ours behind when there are reasonable steps that can be taken to quarantine them. Just follow all reasonable precautions and kick this virus in the teeth.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  So far the USA is 3 and 0 in beating Ebola. I say as long as we keep winning that battle and all the proper protocols are in place then let's fight the good fight. I am not for leaving one of ours behind when there are reasonable steps that can be taken to quarantine them. Just follow all reasonable precautions and kick this virus in the teeth.
                  Your sample size sucks. Just sayin'....

:)

Comment

If we could just find a way to infect ISIS with Ebola...
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      If we could just find a way to infect ISIS with Ebola...
                      I imagine that we have that technology

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        Your sample size sucks. Just sayin'....

:)
                        And so does your cowardice. Hahaha I'm kiddin'. It's a bit nerve wracking but I trust our medical community.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                        X