Braeburn Golf Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braeburn Golf Course

Heard today that Braeburn will be closing for good at the end of October. Had been talked about going down to a 9 hole course but sounds like that's no longer the plan.
    Shox-4-Life

That is outstanding news for the city of Wichita.

Comment

Great news... this tells me someone donated 100 million for the return of football. Can't wait for the big 'official' announcement. Thanks Chuck!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

LOL @WstateU:

Well this will be an interesting time. I better get out there and hit the course one last time for old time sake!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Because of the new rules we are closing the golf course and starting football and joining the big 12?

Comment

Originally posted by KochHead22 View Post
            Heard today that Braeburn will be closing for good at the end of October. Had been talked about going down to a 9 hole course but sounds like that's no longer the plan.
            Source? Or is one of those "you didn't hear this from me" types?
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              That is outstanding news for the city of Wichita.
              The Assman

Comment

Is the innovation campus going to require adjustment of some holes - either immediately or long-term? I wonder if the math just didn't work to do a make-over on the affected portion of the GC, for a course that might only have a few years to live.

One thing is for sure - there needs to be something to fill the vacuum. Where there had essentially been a huge manicured park right next to the entire east side of campus there will now be something less, unless some sort of improvements are immediately in store. That course might not be anything special, but it is integral to the aesthetics to that side of campus - including especially the Eck, Marcus, and Alumni structures.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Is the innovation campus going to require adjustment of some holes - either immediately or long-term? I wonder if the math just didn't work to do a make-over on the affected portion of the GC, for a course that might only have a few years to live.

One thing is for sure - there needs to be something to fill the vacuum. Where there had essentially been a huge manicured park right next to the entire east side of campus there will now be something less, unless some sort of improvements are immediately in store. That course might not be anything special, but it is integral to the aesthetics to that side of campus - including especially the Eck, Marcus, and Alumni structures.
                  Just do what we do on the west side and plant some bermuda grass and maybe some dandelions for a splash of color.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      Source? Or is one of those "you didn't hear this from me" types?
                      I work for a company that delivers stuff there and the employee told our delivery guy that they got notice this week.
                      Shox-4-Life

Comment

Slow clap
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                          Are you suggesting they pave paradise? AND put up a parking lot?

Comment

I heard there will be a tree museum under the new Charles Koch Sports Complex, which includes the roundhouse, the new track, and Koch Industries Stadium which houses the Wheat Field, the home football field of the Wichita State Wheat Shocker Football team, coached by Bill Parcells and his son in law. In addition, Gregg Marshall would be named SEC coach of the year.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Now it's official.

Braeburn to close in late 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X