No announcement yet.

RIP Robin Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.openculture.com/2014/08/s...epression.html Posted to my timeline by my friend Mike Finnigan, husband of Candy Finnigan (Intervention A&E tv).
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Mike Finnigan. Used to listen to them play at different venues when I was going to school.

Comment

An interesting look into the character of this most talented man which some may not be aware of.

After Steve Reeves (Superman) was so severely injured from his fall off a horse, he accumulated tremendous medical bills and after a time, his medical insurance ran out and he ran up huge medical debts. His close friend, RW, paid them all off.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
          An interesting look into the character of this most talented man which some may not be aware of.

After Steve Reeves (Superman) was so severely injured from his fall off a horse, he accumulated tremendous medical bills and after a time, his medical insurance ran out and he ran up huge medical debts. His close friend, RW, paid them all off.
          I don't want to diminish your post, but Christopher Reeve was Superman. Steve Reeves was Hercules.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            I don't want to diminish your post, but Christopher Reeve was Superman. Steve Reeves was Hercules.
            And Steve Reeves brother, George, was the original Superman from the 1950's Superman series.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              Oops, thanks for the correction. I just get all these super strong guys mixed up.

Comment

KAKE - Robin Williams' widow opens up about the future of Lewy body dementia

After Robin Williams died by suicide in August 2014, his widow, Susan Schneider Williams, would soon learn about a disease she had never heard of, but one that had haunted both of their lives.

That disease is Lewy body dementia, with which the actor was diagnosed in October 2014 following an autopsy on his brain. "A few months before he passed, he was given a Parkinson's (disease) diagnosis," said Schneider Williams, an artist and advocate for LBD awareness and research, at the Life Itself conference, a health and wellness event presented in partnership with CNN. "But that was just the tip of the iceberg."

The misdiagnosis occurred in May 2014 after Robin had been experiencing severe memory, movement, personality, reasoning, sleep and mood changes.

The comedian had undergone multiple tests to identify his problem, most of which were negative. "None of the doctors knew that there was this ghost disease underlying all of this," Schneider Williams told CNN in an interview. "When that was revealed, that was like essentially finding out the name of my husband's killer."

Dementia is a disorder of mental processes marked by memory dysfunction, personality changes and impaired reasoning due to brain disease or injury. The exact cause of LBD, which affects about 1.4 million Americans, is unknown. But the disease is associated with the accumulation of the protein alpha-synuclein, which is typically present in the brain and in small amounts in the heart, muscle and other tissues. Alpha-synuclein might help regulate neurotransmitters. But when this protein accumulates and forms masses (called Lewy bodies) within the brain, the effects are devastating.

Lewy body dementia and Parkinson's disease dementia are the two types of Lewy body dementias, which are the second most common form of dementia after Alzheimer's disease, according to the Lewy Body Dementia Association.
                I'm not sure if anyone else had previously heard about this, it apparently hasn't been a secret, but this is the first I can recall about hearing about some of the things the late Robin Williams was dealing with and going through prior to his suicide. It sadly makes a lot more sense as to why such a beloved public figure took his own life. The article is a little lengthy but informative.

Robin was one of the best we've gotten the joy to experience and he had decades of bringing joy and laughter to so many, and that's not to discount his more serious roles as an actor, of which he did a tremendous job of. He's certainly still missed by many.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Robin Williams died?

Comment

Working...
                    X