Year 2000 'Wichita Massacre'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year 2000 'Wichita Massacre'

Kansas top court overturns death sentences in 'Wichita Massacre'.

Words escape me. :dejection::grief::disillusionment:

I am stupefied by the ruling.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

A great example of why people hate lawyers. Every judge is certain he or she is a lot smarter than the one before so they interpret law with all of their new found intelligence. And even if it was bad law, those bad laws were originally written by lawyers.

So now they go back and give these 2 wastes of skin another day in court where they have no chance of winning because they did do it. Nobody should have to go through that hell again.

We can discuss the costs and merits of the death penalty, and there are fair arguments on both sides, but if it were ever to be applied, this is the case to apply it. If lawyers aren't going to uphold that here, then there isn't much reason to ever try it again.

Comment

The most liberal member of the KS Supreme Court was appointed by Republican Bill Graves.

Noodle on that one awhile.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          The most liberal member of the KS Supreme Court was appointed by Republican Bill Graves.

Noodle on that one awhile.
          I know, I'm not sure it's possible anymore to have even a moderate, to say nothing of a conservative, on the bench.

I doubt my child or her future children will ever see another Antonin Scalia, or anything close.

Comment

What does it take to get the death penalty used around here?

If this doesn't do it, then nothing will.

What a f***ing joke.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

These two loser brothers worked in concert together during this horrific crime spree. Two separate trials would not have changed the fact that four people were brutally terrorized prior to their senseless executions, while a fifth, brave woman, will forever carry physical and mental scars every day for the rest of her life. It is rulings like this that require the need for atty jokes.

Comment

Can WSU please start a conservative law school?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Can WSU please start a conservative law school?
                  Now there's a thought

Comment

Who'd win? One of the Carr brothers with an unloaded pistol, or BTK wearing nothing but leather panties and a whip?

Comment

The lone dissenter is a Parkinson appointee.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        The lone dissenter is a Parkinson appointee.
                        Yes, and the reason WHY she dissented is mind boggling. She argued that the majority didn't go FAR ENOUGH and that the entire case should be retried. What ... the .... eff!?

Please vote _out_ all Kansas Supreme Court incumbents that are up for a "retention vote". All seven of them, if we're lucky. Out. Vote NO for "retention" on each one of them.

Comment

Working...
                        X