May Severe Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Severe Weather

might as well get it started - Clean, Clear and Naked for the foresable future.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    might as well get it started - Clean, Clear and Naked for the foresable future.
    Actually a pattern shift begins next Wednesday and continues into late next week. Things look interesting for us in the Wed-Thu time frame as southwest flow aloft develops.

If we can get adequate moisture to get back up here by then, things could get good.

Of course, quality moisture has been one of many problems this year and this huge trough this week is going to completely scour the gulf through Saturday before return flow begins.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I will be hotter than hades with severe thunderstorms on May 10th. You can book it. You can thank event organizers as there is a 50 mile run around Cassaday that day. I will can't wait!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

SPC with Day 6 at Severe Potential

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
          SPC with Day 6 at Severe Potential
          Dofo, what are the 'models' showing for the year 2525?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Things have actually been trending towards a better severe weather set-up for Kansas - which is shocking considering most set-ups this year have trended worse for Kansas (start out looking like a severe set-p and then goes to trash). We'll see but as of now.....this looks like a legitimate threat though the eastward advancement of the dryline is the key feature to watch IMO as well as the progression of the upper level trough.

What's a real bummer is that a front is going to end up stalling out and is going to bring pretty signficant rain to parts of the plains in the next 5-7 days but that looks to be quite a bit south of the ICT area.
            Last edited by wsushox1; May 3, 2014, 02:24 PM.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Capture.JPG

Thursday from the SPC

Comment

Well look at that, another storm system that theoretically should give us rain, but will mysteriously dissipate or split right before it hits the Wichita area. Sweet!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Well look at that, another storm system that theoretically should give us rain, but will mysteriously dissipate or split right before it hits the Wichita area. Sweet!
                  Likely to happen.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Went to local restaurant today for their Sunday buffet, there were two signs posted at the buffet line. "Pie no longer included with the buffet, available for $1.99 a slice."..........and also, "Due to the increasing cost of food, take-out buffet orders no longer allowed."..............this drought affects everyone.

Comment

Glad I live east of the turnpike
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Went to local restaurant today for their Sunday buffet, there were two signs posted at the buffet line. "Pie no longer included with the buffet, available for $1.99 a slice."..........and also, "Due to the increasing cost of food, take-out buffet orders no longer allowed."..............this drought affects everyone.
                        I'm rolling with the punches and trying to perfect my new "Crabgrass Salad" and "Sandbur Soup" recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I'm rolling with the punches and trying to perfect my new "Crabgrass Salad" and "Sandbur Soup" recipes.
                          With a chaser of hot cow patties baked in the hot KANSAS sun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            With a chaser of hot cow patties baked in the hot KANSAS sun!!!
                            Mmmm, mmm ... cow patty biscuits.

Comment

Looks like there may be some potential for a stormy Mother's Day.

Attached Files
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X