WrestleMania 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IlliniShocker View Post
    I figured it was just them sticking to their ongoing experiment of "How much can we s*** all over our fans and still keep them watching?".
    Part of me thinks this. I don't think Vince or creative wanted to put Bryan in the main event, at least not yet. The fact that they were willing to sacrifice more network subscriptions and PPV buys just because they didn't want to put a guy in the main event is sad. Also, I think part of Batista's negotiations when he returned is that he was going to headline. The problem is that they grossly overestimated Batista's popularity-- he never could draw. Everyone just assumed that they could shove Orton vs. Batista down the fans' throats and they'd accept it. The massive backlash that they received after the Royal Rumble probably caused them to awkwardly squeeze him in.

I rarely actually watch Raw or Smackdown, but from what I've read, it doesn't seem like there's really any current build for Orton (he just walks around with the belt) or Batista (he just walks around and gets booed). To throw Bryan in when he's mainly just involved with Triple H is going to provide some weird chemistry.

Comment

They let the streak end to a part-timer?

Comment

Working...
      X