Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Met Your Mother: Series Finale

Did anyone else see it?

I'm still trying to register what I saw... I don't know how to feel about it...
    The Assman

I thought it was terrible, but then again I was expecting it to be terrible. The producers essentially played a weird form of dramatic irony on the audience where they lead us to believe the entire show was about Ted telling the kids about their mother, when in fact he was just trying to gain permission to bone their aunt. The worst part is that I actually liked the actress they hired to be the mother. The first four seasons or so are still spectacular though...

Comment

Originally posted by coran13 View Post
      I thought it was terrible, but then again I was expecting it to be terrible. The producers essentially played a weird form of dramatic irony on the audience where they lead us to believe the entire show was about Ted telling the kids about their mother, when in fact he was just trying to gain permission to bone their aunt. The worst part is that I actually liked the actress they hired to be the mother. The first four seasons or so are still spectacular though...
      Agreed. The mother was great.

I wish it would have just faded to black, at the train station under the umbrella...
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        Agreed. The mother was great.

I wish it would have just faded to black, at the train station under the umbrella...
        Me too! I like open ended stories where the viewer can imagine where the story can go from there. They completely spelled out every singe detail and made the whole series (especially the last season) not matter. I am a huge fan, now its going to be tough to re watch because now I know its a big lie to convince himself to make the same mistake over and over. However, I believe if they didn't make the Mother so amazing I probably would have liked the end. Go figure...
        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

I, for one, loved the finale. I was torn apart when Barney and Robin divorced even though I was one of the people who wanted Ted and Robin to end up together from the beginning. I loved who they cast as the mother, and I felt they did a great job developing the audience connection with her character in just a season's worth of time. One thing is for sure, I will definitely miss this show and I feel it will be remembered as a classic.
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
            I, for one, loved the finale. I was torn apart when Barney and Robin divorced even though I was one of the people who wanted Ted and Robin to end up together from the beginning. I loved who they cast as the mother, and I felt they did a great job developing the audience connection with her character in just a season's worth of time. One thing is for sure, I will definitely miss this show and I feel it will be remembered as a classic.
            I just thought it was poorly done to kill her off forty minutes after finally seeing her with Ted..

They killed her of, just to kill her off. Not a fan.
            The Assman

Comment

I just thought it was poorly done to kill her off forty minutes after finally seeing her with Ted..

They killed her of, just to kill her off. Not a fan.
              Very true; but throughout nine seasons, HIMYM has been just as much a tragedy as it has been a comedy. I can very easily see how people would dislike the finale, though. We saw Ted fall back into his "grand gesture" ways. We saw Barney turn back into Barney after we all thought he had changed from his excessively legen... wait for it... dairy lifestyle. The character development didn't exactly complete itself in the finale. That's about the biggest bone I have to pick with it.
              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Well I didn't get to see the finale due to the recording function not working right for me. From what I have gathered from the above I don't know how I feel about what I have read. I will tell you one season finale that I really liked and that was Psych. Great ending as far as I was concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Well I didn't get to see the finale due to the recording function not working right for me. From what I have gathered from the above I don't know how I feel about what I have read. I will tell you one season finale that I really liked and that was Psych. Great ending as far as I was concerned.
                  It was legen ... wait for it ... no, it was awful.
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I agree 100%! I thought psychs ending was great. It felt like a regular episode and at the same time gave me all the closure I needed. It also provided some story points that allow fans to speculate what will happen to their favorite characters. Shawn's dad opening his own private eye firm, and Shawn and Gus staying together.

The fact that it aired the week before HIMYM I think played into why I didn't care for the HIMYM finale. The psych one was so good that I might have expected more from HIMYM without realizing it. But yes, Psych showed how you should end a series.
                    I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                    If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

So the moral of the show is that people don't change. Barney was and still is a philandering douche.

Ted never got over Robin and he probably poisoned his kids mother.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Now THAT is a theory!! haha
                        The Assman

Comment

It was legen ... wait for it ... no, it was awful.
                          +1. Rather disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            So the moral of the show is that people don't change. Barney was and still is a philandering douche.

I believe you hit it right there. Barney will always be Barney and Ted will always find a way to screw up any relationship. However that being said Ted and Robin each knows the others faults and may be able to deal with them. Its always amazing to me that people think that the other person is going to "change" once they are in a committed relationship. Without a desire to change and a lot of good therapy for both it just ain't goin' to happen.

Comment

Working...
                            X