No announcement yet.

SN Golf Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like hidden lakes. Talk to Lee and see what dates are available beyond what may be conflicts. I have no problem with a NON SN type but by God if someone shows up wearing the flagship gear he won't play that day. Lets get a date in mind and then we can see what kind of turn out we can expect. Hidden Lakes a couple of year ago had a dance major at WSU as the beer attendant and was VERY attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      I like hidden lakes. Talk to Lee and see what dates are available beyond what may be conflicts. I have no problem with a NON SN type but by God if someone shows up wearing the flagship gear he won't play that day. Lets get a date in mind and then we can see what kind of turn out we can expect. Hidden Lakes a couple of year ago had a dance major at WSU as the beer attendant and was VERY attractive.
      Just had my wisdoms teeth out...my wife isn't crazy about me doing anything, so I will work in it in a couple of days.

Comment

Most people have them out in their late teens early 20's. Were you holding onto them just because they were "wisdom" teeth. Good luck and make sure you rinse like they say because I hear "dry socket" is not any fun. I had mine out when they did it in the hospital.

Comment

I was kidding about the ku fan but I second the bannination of anybody that brings that to the course. I'm rude enough to police that without the 4 beers.
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Most people have them out in their late teens early 20's. Were you holding onto them just because they were "wisdom" teeth. Good luck and make sure you rinse like they say because I hear "dry socket" is not any fun. I had mine out when they did it in the hospital.

Tthanks for the advice...still under the effects, which feel real nice. My IQ might decrease slightly...still mensa qualified however.

Comment

One of my fellow Shocker friends here in SGF was invited to a tournament at Highland Springs in SGF a couple of years ago. The person who invited him didn't say what the tourney benefited. It was the Paul Lusk / MSU Bear tournament and he wore his WSU gear. Let's just say he didn't receive a warm reception.

If we could avoid Sunday - it would help but it's not a deal killer for me. I will need to join up with a team.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                One of my fellow Shocker friends here in SGF was invited to a tournament at Highland Springs in SGF a couple of years ago. The person who invited him didn't say what the tourney benefited. It was the Paul Lusk / MSU Bear tournament and he wore his WSU gear. Let's just say he didn't receive a warm reception.

If we could avoid Sunday - it would help but it's not a deal killer for me. I will need to join up with a team.
                LMAO!

Highland Springs is a great course! My uncle's been a member forever and I get to get out there every other year. Humid as hell though sometimes. But a really fun course.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                  I think we should have a soccer match, it's an easy activity, pogo, shoxlax and I might show you guys something you would never forget.
                  Go Here
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    I coached the head pro at Hidden Lakes, Lee Johnson, in college and could probably get as good of deal as we could there. We need to establish an approximation of how many golfers we could attract. Can we get 12 groups of 4 players (48 players), 18 groups of 4 (72 players)? I like the format (scramble, 4th of July format). I would suggest no mulligans. Yes, some believe it increases the charitable revenue, but my 2 cents is establish what we want to make after the hard costs (green fees/carts) and charge that amount. Mulligans just slows play. As far as dates, stay away from the Wichita City 4-ball weekends (last weekend in April, first weekend in May). I would also stay away from Memorial weekend and the week of the Air Capital Open the week of June 16 because selfishly I'm out due to my media relations duties with the tournament. I will do what I can to help plan and organize this event as long as my input is wanted/needed. Should be fun. I just hope ABC and Another Shocker don't substitute exploding golf balls for the balls in my golf bag (I'm kidding fellas...ha, ha).
                    Do you get a break when you set up an "event" versus just grabbing 3 back-to-back-to-back tee times? My hope would be that we keep the cost down as much as possible to encourage the non-golfing Shockernetters to join us.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Do you get a break when you set up an "event" versus just grabbing 3 back-to-back-to-back tee times? My hope would be that we keep the cost down as much as possible to encourage the non-golfing Shockernetters to join us.

Unfortunately not. The hard costs for the golf course is green fee and cart fee (ex: green fee=$28; Cart=$11; total=$39). The golf course hard cost is $39. Let's say we set the entry fee at $80. We profit $41/player x 72 players as an example = $2,952. There are several other ways to create additional dollars such as hole sponsors, gimmick games on par 3's, mulligans (which I am not a fan of). Prizes for the top teams are typically donated, as are prizes for closest to pin & longest drive.

So, in addition to having fun and frolic, we can generate a little charitable gift for a worthy cause.

Im in to play as well as to help organize.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        Unfortunately not. The hard costs for the golf course is green fee and cart fee (ex: green fee=$28; Cart=$11; total=$39). The golf course hard cost is $39. Let's say we set the entry fee at $80. We profit $41/player x 72 players as an example = $2,952. There are several other ways to create additional dollars such as hole sponsors, gimmick games on par 3's, mulligans (which I am not a fan of). Prizes for the top teams are typically donated, as are prizes for closest to pin & longest drive.

So, in addition to having fun and frolic, we can generate a little charitable gift for a worthy cause.

Im in to play as well as to help organize.
                        Or we could set the entry fee at $39, hopefully increasing/maximizing the number of Shockernetters that would join?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          Or we could set the entry fee at $39, hopefully increasing/maximizing the number of Shockernetters that would join?
                          Jeez are you really that tight? I told you to have Dave pay for the both of you. I would sponsor a hole in my wife's name and maybe another for my business.

Comment

This sounds like a really great event for you guys. Unfortunately, for me, I've long since buried my clubs in a deep, dark hole. I had come to the realization that whatever I do to recreate should alleviate tension, not add to it.

Comment

Jeez are you really that tight? I told you to have Dave pay for the both of you. I would sponsor a hole in my wife's name and maybe another for my business.
                              No I am not that tight. I am MUCH tighter than that. LOL

I am in no matter what you smart elders figgur out -- I just want to see you get as many Shockernetters as possible.

Comment

Or........ You guys could discount it to $15/ person. What you lose in margin you make up in volume!!!
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X