No announcement yet.

SN Golf Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew that a suggestion of a soccer match would be supported overwhelmingly by my fellow members of Shocker Net.

Golf is really a dying sport while soccer is on the rise and is enjoyed and played be over 4.3 billion people on a daily basis.

Watching the video clips above is a reminder of how awesome and entertaining soccer can be when played at a high level, the clean purity of the activity really shines through.

If Dr. Bardo would just realize how futile it is to resist the demand that all sports at Wichita State be dropped and Soccer instated as the premier activity of the university. "Shocker Soccer" just rolls off the tongue.

I do think that only the older participants of the Shocker Net soccer tournament should receive massage treatments for their pulled groin injuries, you young guys will just have to suffer.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

In. For golf, not soccer. We have a ready-made foursome here in Marion. All we need is a time and place. We can drink beer, right?
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
        We have a ready-made foursome here in Marion.
        Could it beat Coldblooded, Fever, KC Shox & JH4P? Now, that's a foursome I'd spend good money to see.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

In. For golf, not soccer. We have a ready-made foursome here in Marion. All we need is a time and place. We can drink beer, right?
          What kind of golf is it if you're not drinking beer? We may even install a 4 beer minimum into the format.

Comment

I never said we were good, just already together. 4 beer minimum sounds about right.
            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

@Downtown Shocker Brown:, @WuDrWu:, @tropicalshox:, @ShockRef:

Two scratch golfers, and two beer drinking All-Stars.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                What kind of golf is it if you're not drinking beer? We may even install a 4 beer minimum into the format.
                Hell, I do that before a 7:30 am tee time.

Comment

OK it looks like we have some people that would like to drink beer and punish a golf ball. What kind of course do you want to play? We could play a public course like Hidden Lakes or McDonald, I can get pricing at say Tallgrass. If you haven't played Tallgrass its better to play early in the season before the grass and undergrowth get out of hand. If you don't hit the fairways you need to bring a lot of balls. Sandcreek Station is fun and the Hesston course is fun but quite a drive. I think a four man best ball and we could do a 4th of July format where you play 6 holes from the Red tees, 6 from the blue and 6 from the white tees. Dates that everyone can play will be tough but do we want a start time in the AM or PM? Weekends would be preferable I know so someone throw some dates out and lets see what works.

Comment

One vote for Auburn Hills. But I don't care what course. Maybe we need to rate the beer cart chicks first?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I vote TPC Louisiana.

Doubt it stands up, but New Orleans is beautiful right now.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        OK it looks like we have some people that would like to drink beer and punish a golf ball. What kind of course do you want to play? We could play a public course like Hidden Lakes or McDonald, I can get pricing at say Tallgrass. If you haven't played Tallgrass its better to play early in the season before the grass and undergrowth get out of hand. If you don't hit the fairways you need to bring a lot of balls. Sandcreek Station is fun and the Hesston course is fun but quite a drive. I think a four man best ball and we could do a 4th of July format where you play 6 holes from the Red tees, 6 from the blue and 6 from the white tees. Dates that everyone can play will be tough but do we want a start time in the AM or PM? Weekends would be preferable I know so someone throw some dates out and lets see what works.
                        I coached the head pro at Hidden Lakes, Lee Johnson, in college and could probably get as good of deal as we could there. We need to establish an approximation of how many golfers we could attract. Can we get 12 groups of 4 players (48 players), 18 groups of 4 (72 players)? I like the format (scramble, 4th of July format). I would suggest no mulligans. Yes, some believe it increases the charitable revenue, but my 2 cents is establish what we want to make after the hard costs (green fees/carts) and charge that amount. Mulligans just slows play. As far as dates, stay away from the Wichita City 4-ball weekends (last weekend in April, first weekend in May). I would also stay away from Memorial weekend and the week of the Air Capital Open the week of June 16 because selfishly I'm out due to my media relations duties with the tournament. I will do what I can to help plan and organize this event as long as my input is wanted/needed. Should be fun. I just hope ABC and Another Shocker don't substitute exploding golf balls for the balls in my golf bag (I'm kidding fellas...ha, ha).

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          One vote for Auburn Hills. But I don't care what course. Maybe we need to rate the beer cart chicks first?
                          To hard of a course for most of the players in our event IMHO...in fact about as hard as a 2-week old cow patty in the hot Texas sun.

Comment

The course doesn't matter to me, we have played all the courses you listed. Do all players need to be registered SNers? There are 4 of us here but, if the date doesn't work for all, can I grab a non-KU buddy to fill in? Saturday afternoons will work best for us but with enough lead time we can probably make a morning start.

Comment

The course doesn't matter to me, we have played all the courses you listed. Do all players need to be registered SNers? There are 4 of us here but, if the date doesn't work for all, can I grab a non-KU buddy to fill in? Saturday afternoons will work best for us but with enough lead time we can probably make a morning start.
                              I speak for no one but me, however I look forward to meeting my fellow SN brothers and sisters, talking some Shocker athletics and possibly creating some funds that will go to good use somewhere. I would think we focus on gathering most from SN, but it doesn't have to be a requirement.

Comment

I know they are outside of Wichita proper, but Sand Creek and Cherry Oaks host many events such as this. Depending upon the day, I anticipate a 4 some of a Shockernetter, a season ticket holder, and 2 bandwagon recruits. Spreading Shockernation one moron at a time! 4 beers won't even get the swings lubed up in this group.
                                Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Working...
                                X