Wal-Mart drops HD-DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart drops HD-DVD

Feeling better about that PS3 purchase now!!!
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Too bad there aren't any great games to play on that.

My HTPC investment is looking even better.

Besides, why buy HD movies when there is hdbits.org?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
      Too bad there aren't any great games to play on that.

My HTPC investment is looking even better.

Besides, why buy HD movies when there is hdbits.org?
      Well this year will change that. Lots of huge games releasing this year like gta, gran turismo, metal gear solid just to name a few. PS3 will retake its top spot in the market this year.

Comment

No way. Blu-Ray will help, but Sony's not catching the Wii. Heck, Microsoft'll come up with some real surprises for the 360. Halo Wars is still coming, as is GTA 4 for the 360. Metal Gear Solid will eventually be a 360 title too. Plus, Sony's still worlds behind Microsoft in online play and services, and even Nintendo's catching up to them...

Face it, Sony's still in a world of hurt for the PS3...
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Blurb in the paper today, Toshiba is really thinking of ending the HD DVD product from their company, as Blu-Ray has gained the preference in the marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            Blurb in the paper today, Toshiba is really thinking of ending the HD DVD product from their company, as Blu-Ray has gained the preference in the marketplace.
            I read somewhere that the XBOX 360 would consider adding a Blu-Ray addition if HD DVD failed and the consumers wanted it. But this would only happen if Toshiba gave up on HD DVD, which looks like something that is going to happen. So, if you bought a 360 (like me) and are feeling sad about the end of HD DVD, it looks like XBOX and Microsoft will consider adding Blu-Ray. Something they have to do if they want to compete after HD DVD goes away.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
              Originally posted by Snapshot9
              I read somewhere that the XBOX 360 would consider adding a Blu-Ray addition if HD DVD failed and the consumers wanted it. But this would only happen if Toshiba gave up on HD DVD, which looks like something that is going to happen. So, if you bought a 360 (like me) and are feeling sad about the end of HD DVD, it looks like XBOX and Microsoft will consider adding Blu-Ray. Something they have to do if they want to compete after HD DVD goes away.
              Yeah but its an add on unlike the ps3 which has the blu ray built in. just another reason to like the ps3 if you ask me. The less things to connect and the less space to take up the better for me. My entertainment center is pretty much full and the less crap the better.

Comment

The quality of games on the 360 is why I chose it over the PS3. The HD/Blu-Ray stuff is just extra and not a necessary component. As far as games and the online experience XBOX wins.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  The quality of games on the 360 is why I chose it over the PS3. The HD/Blu-Ray stuff is just extra and not a necessary component. As far as games and the online experience XBOX wins.
                  yeah I agree the xbox had more to start and still does as of right now. but by the end of this year i really think the games that im interested in most are gonna be mostly ps3. Im not a halo fanboy although it is a great game. As far as quality goes i think most of the games that come out on both consoles are going to be pretty much equal. The ps3 is the more powerful system as far as the guts and capacities go but that hasnt shown yet and wont for now. Maybe in the long run it will but I'm guessing by that time the next generation of consoles will be due to drop. I picked the ps3 for both the blu ray and for the selection of games as the games that are exclusive to the ps3 are much more to my liking. Every system has its "franchise" games. games like halo, zelda, gran turismo, etc. I personally think ps3 has the largest lineup of exclusives and those are more to my liking than the other consoles. I do have a wii also and right now the wii is crushing everything because its child friendly, its fun, and its cheapest. Although the only titles so far I've found worth while are the sports and metroid. Its hard to see the graphics of the wii and the mii characters after the ps3 though. I just find myself wanting more or totally disappointed with the wii controls. i am really stoked about mario kart though and i hope its as good as the 64 version was. They have all been downhill since that version if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                  X