Jeep Key Fob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Key Fob

Best place to get one? Was just going to say screw it and go with a remote start alarm but decided to hold off for now.

But need to get one ASAP. had my keys stolen last night. Debated calling out Gottlieb since he was within the area so he hasn't been ruled out.

What year do you need?

I have an old Grand Cherokee remote if it can be reprogrammed.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      What year do you need?

I have an old Grand Cherokee remote if it can be reprogrammed.
      I just say your reply.It was a 2002. From what Im 'told" they "can't" be reprogrammed

Anyways went to the dealer and got a new key and key fob made. $193 later...

Comment

Bs. They are all programmable, except the current style. I used to work for a DCJR dealership.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Went through the same thing with a 05 dodge van. Dealership wanted $220. Central key and safe could do it for $95.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            Bs. They are all programmable, except the current style. I used to work for a DCJR dealership.
            Actually I was told the fob that I have now that stopped working could not be programmable. I needed to get one replaced as is to have a backup. I did a pair that was reasonable priced that referred me to have it programmed at a local locksmith which leads me to...

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
            Went through the same thing with a 05 dodge van. Dealership wanted $220. Central key and safe could do it for $95.
            The local locksmith I spoke with wanted about $100 more to purchase the fob, cut the key and program them both. It was over $300 estimated when I talked to them on the phone.

I still need to get a second key fob so Ill give Central a holler.

Comment

Get tips, tricks and guides to maintain and repair anything in your home.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Thank you!

I must be a complete moran because I couldn't get it to work. In the same breath... The doors would lock either when the key was in the ignition.

Comment

Working...
                X