The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

Last edited by 1979Shocker; February 22, 2014, 03:00 PM.

I have a hard time liking him, he is trying to hard to be cute.

There are quite a few guy that are funnier, Jimmy Kimmel comes to mind, Adam Carolla would be great.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

If you've never watched Saturday Night Live when he was on it or Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, it might be hard for you to get used to him. I only watched Late Night on Fridays when I didn't have to go to work the next day. Well, actually it was on that channel, but I was usually on Shockernet on Fridays reading posts.

Comment

He seemed quite nervous. Definitely more of an entertainer than a talk show host. I like him better than Letterman though. Letterman seems like a mean old coot.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          He seemed quite nervous. Definitely more of an entertainer than a talk show host. I like him better than Letterman though. Letterman seems like a mean old coot.
          He has been bringing back the entertainment part of talk shows though. I quit watching them because every night was just 2 people pumping their new movie for 5 minutes, and then a song.

On late-night, and so far on tonight, he has been getting his guests to take part in sketches. And they are mostly great, even if just for the effort. These guests are entertainers by nature and by trade, putting them in a sketch instead of on a couch makes for much better television.

Comment

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon was a great show.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

They need to dump Fallon and dig up someone like Johnny Carson.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                They need to dump Fallon and dig up someone like Johnny Carson.
                They would definitely have to "dig" him up.

Comment

Speaking of "dig him up". JJ and I was at the WSU Iowa baseball game at LD stadium when then AD JS brought new HBBC MT out to the game to show him the support of Shocker Baseball and probably what he could expect next basketball season and the people that noticed all applauded MT. MT seemed a little embarrassed but smiled and waved. I looked at JJ and said I wonder if a guy from ku can turn our program around, JJ looked at me and said "Hell if they dug up Phog and propped him up on the side line and he could turn the program around I would be happy".

Comment

Brian Williams Raps "Rapper's Delight"

Comment

Jimmy Fallon first week at Tonight Show scores highest ratings since 1993

Jimmy Fallon was questioned when he took over for Jay Leno as host of The Tonight Show, but his first week in the gig has shut a lot of people up from those criticizing his humor to those saying he won’t get the type of ratings his predecessor got.
                      According to Nielsen (via The Wrap), Fallon not only scored better ratings than his predecessor, he scored the most watched week on NBC since 1993.

Per The Wrap:
                      For the full week, “Tonight” averaged 8.5 million viewers overall, making it the franchise’s most-watched week since that of the “Cheers” finale, May 17-21, 1993, when the show averaged 9.1 million viewers.

Comment

Jimmy Fallon first week at Tonight Show scores highest ratings since 1993

Jimmy Fallon was questioned when he took over for Jay Leno as host of The Tonight Show, but his first week in the gig has shut a lot of people up from those criticizing his humor to those saying he won’t get the type of ratings his predecessor got.
                        According to Nielsen (via The Wrap), Fallon not only scored better ratings than his predecessor, he scored the most watched week on NBC since 1993.

Per The Wrap:
                        For the full week, “Tonight” averaged 8.5 million viewers overall, making it the franchise’s most-watched week since that of the “Cheers” finale, May 17-21, 1993, when the show averaged 9.1 million viewers.

Comment

This is what late night TV should be.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Another Johnny Carson classic with Jack Webb.

Comment

Clean, classic tv in a kind era consistent with Carson-clever guest casting.

Comment

Working...
                              X