No announcement yet.

Radio In Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So just curious, where in town is it that KGSO doesn't come in well? I get it clean all the way from Andale to just east of Rock Rd, on the morning drive to work. And when going to basketball games at the south Y. I've just never ran into a area where it didn't work, unlike the station the shox used to be on 1240? that never came in unless you were in the main part of town.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
      Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Someone let me know when we get a jazz station (preferrably one that won't play Kenny G). Then I'll start listening to the radio for music again.
      I believe there is a jazz station in the high 80's on the dial. I've listened to it driving around for work in the evenings when I can't get KGSO.
      Odds are it isn't powerful enough to reach Hutch. But I'll try and look for it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shox151
        So just curious, where in town is it that KGSO doesn't come in well? I get it clean all the way from Andale to just east of Rock Rd, on the morning drive to work. And when going to basketball games at the south Y. I've just never ran into a area where it didn't work, unlike the station the shox used to be on 1240? that never came in unless you were in the main part of town.
        I can pick up 1240 at home but not 1410. It weird how these signal things work.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
          thank you 1410, all day sport talk radio never dissapoints
          Oh, I beg to differ. 1410 is very disappointing. Between Screamin' A Smith ranting about Barry Bonds and Roger Clements for 40% of his show, and that show out of KC that seems to be nothing more than their hosts talking about weight loss programs, inside jokes, and cooking. Yes, it is a radio version of the View, but with guys. Not to mention, every commercial on 1410 is ear rape.

Oh, and that jazz station isn't a jazz station. NPR has a jazz show in the evenings. It's really good. 89.1 I think, maybe around 7 or 8
          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
          Students > Alumni
          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
            Originally posted by newshock1234
            thank you 1410, all day sport talk radio never dissapoints
            Oh, I beg to differ. 1410 is very disappointing. Between Screamin' A Smith ranting about Barry Bonds and Roger Clements for 40% of his show, and that show out of KC that seems to be nothing more than their hosts talking about weight loss programs, inside jokes, and cooking. Yes, it is a radio version of the View, but with guys. Not to mention, every commercial on 1410 is ear rape.

Oh, and that jazz station isn't a jazz station. NPR has a jazz show in the evenings. It's really good. 89.1 I think, maybe around 7 or 8
            i agree about the show out of KC, i wanna kill that guy about his views on the chiefs. But i do like Chris Allison show in the morning and Shocker Soundoff. I think those ESPN Radio show are alot better than any FM radio statition
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

You do have a point. The morning stuff isn't bad. The problem with the ESPN stuff is the fact they're all self-important, pompous, arses....
              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
              Students > Alumni
              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

You give them way too much credit....

Comment

I do miss the Dan Patrick show, it was alot better than any ESPN radio show they have on right now

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    You give them way too much credit....
                    im assuming you are talking about Chris Allison, well in my opinion hes alot better than that crappy sport daily show they have.

Comment

I like Chris Allison.

I was talking about the ESPN comment, the pompas ARSES!! Of course, I put Putz in that category as well, which is why I don't listen to that other show.

Comment

Get XM or Sirius and be happy. I have XM and rarely listen to regular radio. They aren't perfect and they cost but I love MLB and all the selection of music.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                          You do have a point. The morning stuff isn't bad. The problem with the ESPN stuff is the fact they're all self-important, pompous, arses....
                          Kind of like listening to Bob Lutz and Bruce Haertl

Comment

I won't listen to the Game Plan anymore. I can't stand Terrel Benton...he was good as an analyst for the Shocker games...but not as a talk show host.

I actually enjoy 810 out of KC. My signal comes in pretty well here in Wichita, so I listen to Soren Petro from 11-2, then Kevin Keitzman from 2 on. I find them entertaining. Of course, I can't stand the Chiefs and Royals, so I like all of their ranting.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                              I won't listen to Chris Allison anymore. I can't stand Terrel Benton...he was good as an analyst for the Shocker games...but not as a talk show host.

I actually enjoy 810 out of KC. My signal comes in pretty well here in Wichita, so I listen to Soren Petro from 11-2, then Kevin Keitzman from 2 on. I find them entertaining. Of course, I can't stand the Chiefs and Royals, so I like all of their ranting.
                              You're just not a happy camper. :D
                              SFL is back!

Comment

NCAA you like KK but dont like Terrell?!??!

Im just giving you crap

Comment

Working...
                                X