Fe-burr-ary - Part I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fe-burr-ary - Part I

Potential major winter storm moving into the area Tues Night into Wed.

Capture.JPG

Winter storm watch up now for this period

Capture.JPG

Comment

Will this thing impact Terre Haute on Wednesday?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Will this thing impact Terre Haute on Wednesday?
        Yes it will, Terre Haute will probably receive close to 6-8 inches of snow from this system, possible more.

The timing for them will be Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. If WSU leaves early enough they should have no problem flying into Terre Haute however depending on how much snow TH will get it could impact whether or not the team gets delayed coming back from TH. (This is assuming they fly directily into TH, they might not).
        Last edited by wsushox1; February 2, 2014, 11:09 PM.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Winter Storm warning up for the SC Kansas. I love what the HPC has done with their snow products maps. 50% Percentile 72-hour accumulative snow fall map

Capture.JPG

Now lets looks at the 72-hour 95% Map - Kids would love this:

Capture.JPG

of course the probability of Wichita seeing >12 inches is only 10%, but there is 50-50 chance of seeing >8 inches.

Comment

Good news for wheat farmers. That last cold snap might've damaged some of the states wheat since their was no snow cover but this storm will bring needed moisture.
            Last edited by BenWSU; February 3, 2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Capture.JPG

Comment

The high tomorrow is supposed to be only in the single digits, which according to KWCH has not happened for 22 years.

Comment

What really irks me is to have a represenative of the city get interview and say they are doing the bare minimum to clean the streets because they don't have enough salt - this is your first fricking winter storm of the year - are you guys this clueless --- and the answer is of course. You take our tax money to provide services and then when the time comes your incompetent - use the money for some boondogle to the caribean to improve farming relations? Another trip to china to only be ignored?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    What really irks me is to have a represenative of the city get interview and say they are doing the bare minimum to clean the streets because they don't have enough salt - this is your first fricking winter storm of the year - are you guys this clueless --- and the answer is of course. You take our tax money to provide services and then when the time comes your incompetent - use the money for some boondogle to the caribean to improve farming relations? Another trip to china to only be ignored?
                    I just gave that exact speech today at work. How can you be out already? Time to reconcile your must pays with nice to haves

Comment

Not first storm of the winter. We had like 3 inches a few days before Christmas but not really enough to use up alot of salt supply.

Comment

Isn't one of the like 16 salt mines in the entire country not that far from here? And isn't salt like $1.00/cubic planet and somebody has to know a guy who can get us sand at a price.....

How does this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Isn't one of the like 16 salt mines in the entire country not that far from here? And isn't salt like $1.00/cubic planet and somebody has to know a guy who can get us sand at a price.....

How does this happen?

I cant speak for Wichita, but I dont think Omaha uses salt anymore. They call it salt, but its really calciumdichloridepotassiumglycol.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I know a sand guy.

And a sandbagger that the doc told me about.

Comment

The only salt cities seem use these days is in pre-treatment mixes. Which doesn't do to much with large amounts of snow.

Comment

Working...
                              X