doo dah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doo dah

Is "doo dah" really a nickname for Wichita, as this website claims?

Another nickname for Wichita, KS. Origins unknown, but perhaps it references the laid-back, whimsical attitude felt by some visitors to the city.

If so, how common is it?

Thanks.

Yes it is a nickname and it is fairly common. See for example, the "Doo Dah Diner" restaurant on Kellogg.
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by swellafelon View Post

Another nickname for Wichita, KS. Origins unknown, but perhaps it references the laid-back, whimsical attitude felt by some visitors to the city.

If so, how common is it?

Thanks.
      It must be, 25 people on urbandictionary.com agree!

Comment

Originally posted by swellafelon View Post

Yeah, but it's more like: Duuuude. AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This is an article from the Capital-Journal back in 2001.

Comment

And here's a shockernet thread from 2007.

Comment

I've never once referenced our fine city as Doo Dah. IMO, it sounds as country bumpkin hickville as you can get. Why any citizen of this city would want to perpetuate this stereotype is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                I've never once referenced our fine city as Doo Dah. IMO, it sounds as country bumpkin hickville as you can get. Why any citizen of this city would want to perpetuate this stereotype is beyond me.
                You'll pick "your" team to lose 4 straight games, talk them down at any opportunity, and beg for mercy on the KU board...but you draw the line at Doo Dah?

Glad to see you've got the computer back.

Comment

Relax Doc. KC is probably a victim of domestic violence. I bet his wife beats him with a 2x4 on a regular basis and makes him scrub the toilets with his toothbrush and take out the trash the first time she asks.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    It is possible that your sense of whimsey is broken.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Doo Dah UPDATE: It turns out that the Doo Dah Diner feeds the Shockers before each home game. http://www.b98fm.com/pages/TheMornin...ticle=12022920

Comment

The theme for the Wichita River Festival this year is Hoopla in Doo-Dah.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Working...
                          X