Found Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Dog

OK this is a little strange but here goes. Last Sunday after the snow I went to Starbucks at Central and Rock to get my wife her hot chocolate and a chocolate lab was wandering around the parking lot looking at the cars in the drive thru line. The folks at Starbucks said he had been hanging around for quite awhile and they had brought him inside to warm him and give him some water. I figured he would be fine but he kept wandering into Rock Rd sniffing at what ever Labs sniff. I whistled at him and he came over to the car and I gave him half of the sausage and egg mcmuffin that I had bought for my two smaller dogs. He hopped in and I have had a house guest since then. I have been trying to locate the owner but no luck. He had a training collar (hunting) on but the battery is dead and the company says the collar was never registered. No chips after a trip to the vet to check. I believe he has to be a family pet since the grandkids were climbing all over him and rasslin' with him and he loved every minute of it. He gets along well with my smaller dogs and never growls even when I reach down when he's eating. He has been neutered and looks like his toe nails have been clipped. He is not a puppy but a friend told me he is not yet an adult. He is housebroken and will sit, lay down and stay on command reluctantly. He seems to be a typical Lab from the way friends Labs behave. Friendly, and loves to be petted to the point he just sticks his head in your lap. I have posted the lost dog on craigs list and with a local lost and found web site and checked with the Humane Society if anyone had lost a pet like him. So far no luck. Any suggestions on how to find his owners but at this time I wonder what kind of owner they could be because if he were mine I would have located him by now. I will continue to look for them but in a week or so I will look to place him with someone else. Like I say if anyone has any suggestions let me know and if any of you want a great dog keep him in mind if I don't locate his owners.

Does he have a German accent?

Comment

pogo, check your PM.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Does he have a German accent?
        No. Sounds more Canadian.

Comment

I'm glad somebody besides me has a story like this. Glad he's not one of my dogs...although sounds like he's currently in great company. +

Comment

Good news. The lost dog has found a new couple. They are a young couple and he is in the Air Force and she stays at home. The dog like every Lab I have ever known was more than affectionate to the young couple and the woman sat on the floor with the dog and let him lick her face. I told her he likes nothing more than to try and sit with them on the sofa (which we discouraged) but they seemed to be ok with. So the saga of the lost dog comes to a happy conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Good news. The lost dog has found a new couple. They are a young couple and he is in the Air Force and she stays at home. The dog like every Lab I have ever known was more than affectionate to the young couple and the woman sat on the floor with the dog and let him lick her face. I told her he likes nothing more than to try and sit with them on the sofa (which we discouraged) but they seemed to be ok with. So the saga of the lost dog comes to a happy conclusion.
              Pogo, the canine matchmaker. Well done dog whisperer.

Comment

I originally went on Craig's list to buy a vehicle, I ended up getting a Hummer.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  I originally went on Craig's list to buy a vehicle, I ended up getting a Hummer.
                  I am sure that it is better to get a hummer than own one.
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Working...
                  X