What I got for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I got for Christmas

Besides the obvious of my wife being here for the season, I actually got some great Shocker stuff. I got one of those lighted window decals for the car, it is so cool I may start cruising the streets at night just to show it off. A Shocker logo golf shirt and a pullover nylong windbreaker. And one of thse panoramic photos of Koch Arena. All in all I think I made out better than the grandkids did. Hope everyone got 1/2 as great of stuff as I did. Happy New Year.

Got a couple of T-shirts, a signed HCGM pic, the panoramic of Koch and tickets to the Davidson game. Definitely a good Christmas.

Comment

I received a snazzy new Shocker jacket, and a chiefs t-shirt. I bought, I mean Santa brought my daughter a new Shocker shirt. I got to spend the day with my family and it couldn't have been a better time. I hope everyone had a great Christmas too.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I got all of the Eagle NCAA Tournament posters framed. They look great!

I really wanna get that panoramic view of Koch though.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I want a panoramic of Koch too, but damn if $200 doesn't feel overpriced to me.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            I want a panoramic of Koch too, but damn if $200 doesn't feel overpriced to me.
            I bought my print (same panoramic you see everywhere with us smoking UNI) for I believe $30, IIRC. Now granted it is literally just the print on a piece of cardboard and then shrink wrapped (so it is still currently just sitting in a closet), but I doubt it is going cost $170 to have the print itself matted and framed.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              I bought my print (same panoramic you see everywhere with us smoking UNI) for I believe $30, IIRC. Now granted it is literally just the print on a piece of cardboard and then shrink wrapped (so it is still currently just sitting in a closet), but I doubt it is going cost $170 to have the print itself matted and framed.
              Maybe not $170 but you'd be surprised. I have another stadium panoramic pic that I got framed at Hobby Lobby. I ordered a special frame rather than one already in the store. I caught it when the framing was half off but since it was a special frame, I had to get glass at regular cost. It seemed like it was over $100.
              Last edited by WuShock16; December 27, 2013, 10:03 AM.
              78-65

Comment

I will be taking mine to Hobby Lobby for the framing. Didn't want to mislead anyone into thinking someone would spend 200 bucks on me.

Comment

@pogo: and his wife enjoyed Christmas together. As far as I'm concerned, that's all I needed to hear to enjoy celebrating the birth of our Savior.

Comment

I got a sweet Under Armor Shocker hat. And no it wasn't flat billed. :)

I made a set of frames for the wife as one of her gifts. I don't think it would be very expensive to make a cool frame for the panoramic.

Edit: Correcting my stupid phone's attempt to correct my grammar.
                    Last edited by Kung Wu; December 27, 2013, 03:42 PM.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      I will be taking mine to Hobby Lobby for the framing. Didn't want to mislead anyone into thinking someone would spend 200 bucks on me.
                      Try downloading the Hobby Lobby App; although they don’t usually discount ‘custom frames’, the last time I ordered they let me use the 40% discount on the glass. The Mrs. and I use this 'app' frequently...

"Yep, there’s an ‘app’ for that!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I got a sweet Under Armor Shocker hat. And no it wasn't flat billed. :)

I made a set of frames for the wife as one of her gifts. I don't think it would be very expensive. To make a cool frame for the panoramic.
                        Kreations by Kung.

Comment

Out of curiosity have any of you shopped glass prices from Lewis Street Glass or Bell Mirror and Glass? I haven't shopped it and compared them to Hobby Lobby. But if you can get 40% off custom cut glass at Hobby Lobby per @WstateU:, I don't see how they can match it. Would be interesting to know though.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm not sure if there is something special about framing glass, but you can buy your run-of-the-mill single pane glass at basically any hardware store. They keep it on hand for storm window and old school glazing purposes. Should be CHEAP.

Comment

Working...
                            X