Old Town Establishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    Old Mill Tasty Shop was right there across from Arena. They are normally open late for Arena Events.
    I'm a big fan of Old Mill Tasty Shop. Great nostalgic photos of old downtown Wichita inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
      Old Mill Tasty Shop was right there across from Arena. They are normally open late for Arena Events.
      That would be my recommendation.

If you would like a BIG, tasty burger I would recommend TJ's Burger House on Douglas just east of Seneca in the Delano District. If you go to TJ's I would not recommend ordering a double unless you plan on sharing it. No drive through here. This is a sit-down restaurant.

The kids might like Nu-Way Café on Douglas about 3 blocks West of Seneca. Definitely a historic place but perhaps too close to fast food, although somewhat unique.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 11, 2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Me, my wife, son and his friend (both are 13) will be going. Are there any good places for lunch that are also fairly affordable, besides fast food?
        Old Mill Tasty Shop is an excellent choice. Get there pretty early.

If it is full, Old Chicago in Old Town is a pretty affordable place to get pizza, calzones, and a beverage if desired. It is family friendly.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Bite Me BBQ is on St. Francis straight north of the north side entrance to IBA. Probably my favorite BBQ restaurant in Wichita.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Bite Me Barbeque is just down the street from the arena. I've been there a couple of times and have had great BBQ.

Comment

Great minds think alike, and at the same time apparently, mickeylegal!
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Old Mill Tasty Shop sounds like it might be a good spot. Same with Bite Me BBQ. Thanks for the suggestions!

Comment

All is driving distance, but all potentially busy:

East of Old Town on Douglas: Tanya's Soup Kitchen.

West of Old Town on Douglas: La Galette and Picasso's Pizzeria.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

+1 to Picasso's in Delano. Seems like there's barely enough seating in the place as it's always jampacked.

And right across the street from there is Delano BBQ, another pretty good BBQ joint.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      +1 to Picasso's in Delano. Seems like there's barely enough seating in the place as it's always jampacked.

And right across the street from there is Delano BBQ, another pretty good BBQ joint.
                      Picassos rocks...you won't go away hungry.

Comment

+1 Tanya's Soup Kitchen and Oldmill (more dive-ish but super friendly staff and great food).
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Picasso's.... yes, yes, yes.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            Picasso's.... yes, yes, yes.
                            :good::good:

I suggest 'The Heart Attack'!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Been to Fat Tony's once awhile ago. It was good but don't know about now. Its a couple of blocks from the arena on Douglass.

Comment

And if you are looking for a watering hole after the game, check out John Barleycorns, right next to Old Mill Tasty Shop on douglas.

Comment

Working...
                                X