Old Town Establishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Town Establishments

My son, (of legal age) and I are attending the Tennessee game and frankly have never been in any sports bar establishments in Old Town. I am asking for input on the best pregame spot for an early lunch/appetizers and a cold cereal malt beverage. My family is a "hidden gem" kind of family. We eat at local places when we travel and love to go to places that the motel desk employee usually starts the sentence with, "it's kind of a dive, but...." For this event, the bigger venues may be more in tune with gameday, but just wanted opinions on any size or type of place. Thanks in advance.
    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Japanese food --> Hana Cafe near The Warren

I should mention that Hana isn't a sports bar at all, but it's a great place for lunch if you like Japanese food.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; December 11, 2013, 10:23 AM.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Wear your vest..........

Comment

The Anchor isn't a sports bar at all, no tv's, but they have great food and a huge beer selection.

Emerson Biggins is right by the arena on the south west end of Old Town, and has decent food, decent beer selection, and lots of TV's. I went there before the OKC Thunder game, and have been there for a few Shocker games over the years.

Heroes is there, I'm not a huge fan of Heroes though.

Sabor is a Latin cuisine place that has an awesome steak. It's over by Hana Cafe and the Warren Theatre.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Wear your vest..........
          I lived through several trips to "The Whiz" during my college years. I think daylight in Old Town will be ok.

Comment

You will get your "eye shot out"

Comment

I have eaten at Sabor previously and enjoyed myself, and I am sure my son would love Hana as he loves Kona Grill in KC, but I think we will look more to Biggins. Other places I have seen online are Fat Tony's, Rain, and of course the Brewery. Any thoughts on those?

Comment

Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
                I have eaten at Sabor previously and enjoyed myself, and I am sure my son would love Hana as he loves Kona Grill in KC, but I think we will look more to Biggins. Other places I have seen online are Fat Tony's, Rain, and of course the Brewery. Any thoughts on those?
                River City Brewery has decent food and beer, not really a sports bar though. Haven't been to the other two. Old Chicago is downtown as well by Sabor and Hana.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                  River City Brewery has decent food and beer, not really a sports bar though. Haven't been to the other two. Old Chicago is downtown as well by Sabor and Hana.
                  Which ones are within fairly close walking distance of the arena in the cold?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Which ones are within fairly close walking distance of the arena in the cold?
                    Biggins and Hero's are a couple blocks. I guess there is a new bar across from the arena.

Comment

Me, my wife, son and his friend (both are 13) will be going. Are there any good places for lunch that are also fairly affordable, besides fast food?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Me, my wife, son and his friend (both are 13) will be going. Are there any good places for lunch that are also fairly affordable, besides fast food?
                        Do you want within walking distance?

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                          Do you want within walking distance?
                          Wouldn't have to be.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            I like Cinnamon's Deli, Panera Bread, Delano BBQ (don't know if it is open on Saturday's)...I'm sure I can think of more.

Comment

Old Mill Tasty Shop was right there across from Arena. They are normally open late for Arena Events.

Comment

Working...
                              X