Iron Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Bowl

As a big Bama football fan, the ending of the alabama/auburn game left me feeling like the end of that Vandy/WSU NIT game (in 2005?), except 100 times worse bc of the importance of the game (although both were season-ending games...Bowl games don't count unless it's the one for all the marbles)

Roll tide ... We killed ourselves and Aubie stole one ...
    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I will say, I was happy to see an ad for the WSU vs SLU gAme during the Iron Bowl. And, at least I still have shocker basketball season ahead of me!!

Comment

That had to be one of the strangest 4th Qs, particularly, given the quality and stature of the schools playing.

Comment

Fun game to watch.

Comment

Auburn has had some big plays over the last couple of weeks. Remember this?.

Comment

Here are the Auburn announcers calling the final play of the game. Now you have an idea how Mike Kennedy might sound if Wichita State had a football team and was in the same situation.

Comment

In my opinion Nick Saban got flat out completely outcoached in the 4th quarter. Kicking a field goal when they have no business kicking (the last play), going for it on 4th down when a field goal would have given them a 10 point lead I believe. Granted, Alabama's kicker did not have a day to remember. I just feel that Saban did not have a good coaching day. On a side note, I'm actually glad Alabama got beat. I really didn't want to see them playing for a title again

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/auburn-says-someone-dumped-cremation-ashes-field-iron-205411206--ncaaf.html

A
                  pparently they left more on the field than we knew
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

So how many feel that Nick is going to be the next coach at texass?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      So how many feel that Nick is going to be the next coach at texass?
                      How would you go from one of the most storied and respected football programs in the history of college football to one of the most not storied programs? Oh, we're talking about Nick Saben.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        How would you go from one of the most storied and respected football programs in the history of college football to one of the most not storied programs? Oh, we're talking about Nick Saben.
                        You're joking, right....?
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          You're joking, right....?
                          Yes, more of a shot at Saban. But going from Alabama to Texas is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            Yes, more of a shot at Saban. But going from Alabama to Texas is a joke.
                            Ok haha.

And $$$ is the language of Nick Saban.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              Ok haha.

And $$$ is the language of Nick Saban.
                              I get money. My recollection is that Saban and Brown make about 5M. Is it really about money? Why would Saban leave Bama, with 12-15 national championships (3 of his own) for Texas with considerably less? Maybe he relishes the idea of rebuilding. I would think at this point in his career he would focus on continuing to build a dynasty that I seriously doubt would happen if he went to Texas.

Comment

Working...
                              X