X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Can't get any pressure on Manning.

Poop.
    Yeah. Had the Chiefs D picked that one pass off that would have been 6 it might have been a different outcome.

Comment

Finally, no more delusions of grandeur from overzealous Chiefs fans. Hopefully, people will wake up and understands that the entire offense, sans Jamaal, sucks!

Please, please, can Sammy Watkins fall into our lap and if Aaron Murray is around, swoop him up as well.

Oh and one sack for the D in the last three games. They are wearing down and running out of gas due to the Chiefs O inability to sustain drives. Damn I want to throw this laptop out the window!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Finally, no more delusions of grandeur from overzealous Chiefs fans. Hopefully, people will wake up and understands that the entire offense, sans Jamaal, sucks!

Please, please, can Sammy Watkins fall into our lap and if Aaron Murray is around, swoop him up as well.

Oh and one sack for the D in the last three games. They are wearing down and running out of gas due to the Chiefs O inability to sustain drives. Damn I want to throw this laptop out the window!
        Chiefs held their own and played a good game and were in the game the whole way. Chiefs will still be 9-1, tied for first place and the sun will come up tomorrow.

Comment

Chiefs are a good team that can consistently beat bad teams. They are not a great team, but will make the playoffs. There is a slight chance that the game will be different in Arrowhead, but I think the most likely outcome is another loss. The Chiefs simply do not have enough offense at this point and thus are not really a Superbowl contender, and need to at least get competent receivers (though with Reid and Smith the Chiefs will never be a team with a dynamic passing game).

Nothing in this game was surprising. Just like when Alabama stomped Notre Dame, it was clear from the beginning that the losing team's undefeated record was not indicative of their real strength. The Chiefs have an average QB and a good coach, and they clearly still have a good defense. But because have a very bad passing game and are incapable of getting long yardage plays they are completely dependent on Charles and their defense and will lose against good teams, which will prevent any type of playoff run. They might be able to win a game, but the margin for error is way to small to go any further.
          Last edited by CBB_Fan; November 18, 2013, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I expect a very different game in a couple of weeks at Arrowhead.

Mile High is quiet as a library when we're on offense which allows Manning to switch plays at ease. The Arrowhead crowd will be extremely loud, so we'll have to go to a silent snap count and Manning won't be able to audible as effectively.

That game will also very likely determine the #1 seed in the AFC, so I expect the Chief's offense to play less conservatively than they did in this game and have all season. So it really comes down to our D--will they step up like they did last night, or will they give up big plays like they have had a tendency to do this year?
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              That game will also very likely determine the #1 seed in the AFC, so I expect the Chief's offense to play less conservatively than they did in this game and have all season.\
              Not sure if that is the best bet in the world. Reid is one the most conservative coaches in the NFL, and Alex Smith is not a guy that throw the ball down the field. Out of the QBs that have played this year Smith is #33 for passes over 20 yards (22, Manning is #3 with 64), and the Chiefs have gone for it on 4th down just 4 times this season (of which none were successful).

My bet is the Reid can not and will not change the offense. He will run what worked 9 times in a row even if it has no chance of working in the tenth game, which in this case is taking no chances on offense and riding the defense as hard as possible for points. And then in the 4th quarter he'll run Charles 50 times.

Comment

Color me disappointed, I really thought with a week off they would come up with something to throw at Manning to catch him off guard. I do think he is somewhat predictable what he's going to do in relation to what the defense shows-even I was able to call out "pick play" or "quick out" when the D walked someone up to the line showing pressure, and that's what he did. Demps was a split second from a pick 6, I think he just lost site of the ball as he passed behind the WR, that would have been a game changer. A game like that comes down to a few key plays, and KC's D was unable to get single sack/knockdown, and forced no turnovers (I'm not counting Denver kicking the ball to DJ as a "forced" turnover). Heck even MVP Colquitt couldn't down one inside the 10 to get the field position battle in our favor.

They actually ran the ball well at times, but couldn't sustain drives, then had to give up on it when they were down late. Alex taking the sack putting them out of FG range end of first half was a momentum killer, and a couple times he just made bad throws. I want to believe in him but he makes it hard! Does it seem like he can only hit a stationary receiver, not anyone in stride? Hopefully they bounce back with a win, Denver loses at NE, then KC has the potential to go 2 games up the next week. I do think in KC the environment will be different, but they have got to at least hit Manning. If that means sending 5 then do it, they've got to rattle him a little.

Comment

Holycrap I don't even consider myself a big Chiefs fan and I can't believe everyone thinks the sky is falling. Fact off the matter is KC is still in the drivers seat with Denver having to go to NE (most likely without Welker) and then Arrowhead. I'm calling it now - in 2 weeks Chiefs will be 2 games up on Broncos and will be challenged by fast closing Patriots team for #1 AFC seed.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Holycrap I don't even consider myself a big Chiefs fan and I can't believe everyone thinks the sky is falling. Fact off the matter is KC is still in the drivers seat with Denver having to go to NE (most likely without Welker) and then Arrowhead. I'm calling it now - in 2 weeks Chiefs will be 2 games up on Broncos and will be challenged by fast closing Patriots team for #1 AFC seed.
                    I didn't expect a win at Denver. I am predicting a win at KC. It's difficult to throw the deep ball when your WR's can't separate and Bowe and co. Drop catchable medium and long passes. It happened at least 2-3 times. The only major mistake for Smith was he didn't throw long go Charles who was one on one with LB and running a fly pattern.

Comment

Working...
                    X