No announcement yet.

Bardo is at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a 9 hole golf course in the future to allow the campus to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Please tell us more!
      I'm not that kind of a guy. However if you ever meet a nurse with a tatoo of a cricket on her hip don't believe a word she says.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Kansas does not need another law school. The world does not need another law school. And I saw that as a lawyer (Washburn)

I think a dental school might make a great deal of sense.
        Originally posted by pogo View Post
        I would agree with this 110%. A school of Dentistry and perhaps a school of ophthalmology as well. If you look at the plans for the future campus you will notice there is no Clinton Hall and the area for the the technology park is called Business and Technology park and looks to have multiple buildings instead of the two Dr. Bardo talks about. When I toured the USC campus a few years ago with an alumnus he indicated to me that his degree (business) cost 4 times more than the Liberal or Fine arts degree from USC. I could see having a differential in the price per hour depending on the degree since one has the potential for greater long term earning.
        While I agree about needing less lawyers in the world, we do need more conservative lawyers in the world and KU grads in Kansas politics is very frustrating. Heck even the board of regents is heavily weighted with KU ties.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          When I toured the USC campus a few years ago with an alumnus he indicated to me that his degree (business) cost 4 times more than the Liberal or Fine arts degree from USC. I could see having a differential in the price per hour depending on the degree since one has the potential for greater long term earning.
          There is obviously no credit hour differential in place right now at WSU, but I know at least in the b-school there is a per hour additional surcharge for every class taken through that College. It was present when I was a student, and a quick google search indicates it is still present. It's nothing close to a 400% cost increase though - just something that adds a couple thousand extra dollars to a b-school degree. Would be surprised if it is present in some form or another at other specialized Colleges at WSU.

Comment

That is interesting. Thanks because I had no idea about the surcharge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
              I believe the initial articles and/or press releases mentioned that Wheatshocker would be coming down after the new dorms were built. Not new news, and no big loss. My wife lived there for a time when we were students at WSU, and like others' have said it looks better on the outside than it really is. The renovation a good number of years back certainly made it look adequate both inside and outside, but it was still essentially a spit-polished turd.
              But where will all the cockroaches live?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
              X