Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Isn't Chicago in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Isn't Chicago in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

It is perplexing to me. Granted I am a Chicago fan, especially the first seven or eight albums.

I don't know how the folks in charge can justify not putting them in.

Is it the schlocky stuff they did in the last part of their career? I don't know how that overshadows "I'm a Man", "25 or 6 to 4", "Feelin' Stronger Every Day", etc.

Their fist two albums are classics and Chicago V is a masterpiece. (I'm not a huge fan of Chicago III and Chicago IV was a FOUR-album live set)

Chicago has the best (and maybe the only) rock n roll trombone solos! (especially great is the solo in "Beginnings" from the first album)

I think they had more top 40 his in the 1970s than everyone but Paul McCartney and Wings.

What say you Shockernetters?

Don't worry. Since their name is Chicago they will make it into the Hall of Fame, get hired on as cabinet members, have complete immunity for doing a piss poor job, and possibly even receive a nice chunk of unexplained money somewhere down the road. :)
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The Rock and Roll Hall is a joke like Kung Wu's comments. It doesnt include Steppenwolf, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull etc, but it does include a bunch of crap.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Yeah, dunno. 3 Dog Night is another. I liked Chicago III, btw.

Comment

Bon Jovi isn't in either. That's one that bothers me.
          78-65

Comment

I have seen more Chicago concerts than any other group. The fact that they are not in the Rock and Roll HOF is something I did not know and now I'm puzzled as well.

Comment

That oversight calls for one of these...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The fans of The Carpenters have been petitioning for years to get them in.

Comment

Do the Carpenters qualify as Rock and Roll?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Do the Carpenters qualify as Rock and Roll?
                    I would assume they do. From http://rockhall.com/inductees/induction-process/ it seems like they're eligible.

Eligibility

To be eligible for induction as an artist (as a performer, composer, or musician) into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the artist must have released a record, in the generally accepted sense of that phrase, at least 25 years prior to the year of induction; and have demonstrated unquestionable musical excellence.

We shall consider factors such as an artist's musical influence on other artists, length and depth of career and the body of work, innovation and superiority in style and technique, but musical excellence shall be the essential qualification of induction.

Comment

I totally agree about Chicago, Moody Blues, and Jethro Tull. They may consider the Carpenters outside of R & R. After quickly looking through the list of performers in the Hall, I notice the (Young) Rascals. I was a fan, but if your going to have them, you have to have the Guess Who.

Comment

Working...
                      X