Redskins Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Now really, Shockm, Fed Ex and Nike are not liberal groups. They are businesses. They have made a conscious calculation that this will be supported by their customer base (or they think it's the right thing to do), rightly or wrongly. If someone doesn't agree with them, they are free to organize a boycott.

I am a little disappointed with you for making this remark. I thought all you conservative types were for free enterprise, but I guess I'm wrong, you are actually against anything that you percieve is against your value system, which might or might not have anything to do with free enterprise and capitalism.
    Nike is a liberal company. A company is a group. IDK about FedEx. Nike is making a calculation. Their calculation was that last year it was fine. This year we don’t want them to come for us. They are free to boycott, but in a free society, WRS are allowed to get a new contract. They are also free to change the name to resist blowback or not.

The issue isn’t with the action here, it’s with the ideology. The ideology says that people are guilty by association and are irredeemable. That’s what needs to change.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      As a tall person, I am calling on the San Francisco and New York Giants to change their names immediately. It is hurtful and shameful and has caused me so much grief over the years.
      Funny, I’m offended that tall people are highlighted and there’s no recognition for small to medium sized people.

Comment

• Sounds like the Washington Abusers is making a strong move towards the top of the list of possible names.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Funny, I’m offended that tall people are highlighted and there’s no recognition for small to medium sized people.
          I could think of one that starts with midg... but would not be politically correct so I will leave that one alone.

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...arrowhead-chop

​​​​​​This seems ridiculous to me. How is it that imitating something in a positive way is seen as derogatory? Where is the line drawn? Is dressing up like a Cowboy seen in the same light?

The article mentions the team meets with local Indian leaders, however, there is no mention they actually find it offensive.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
              https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...arrowhead-chop

​​​​​​This seems ridiculous to me. How is it that imitating something in a positive way is seen as derogatory? Where is the line drawn? Is dressing up like a Cowboy seen in the same light?

The article mentions the team meets with local Indian leaders, however, there is no mention they actually find it offensive.
              It has been suggested by some in the media that the Cowboys and Rangers change their mascot due to the white supremacy of the era/organization.

Yes, it is getting ridiculous.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Cleveland Indians to change nickname the franchise has used for more then a century - CBSSports.com

Comment

• Oh good! I feel much more comfortable cheering on the Cleveland first people’s.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• We could lend them the team name "Windsurge'

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      We could lend them the team name "Windsurge'
                      as a native Kansan, I’m extremely offended

Comment

• Cleveland has to be the Burners and Washington has to be the Grifters.

Cleveland already has their theme song:

Burn on big river, burn on.

And, of course, for the Redskins:

or maybe

Comment

Working...
                        X