Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Wokes

Comment

• It's crazy and now a local issue according to the Northeast Wichita Eagle. This editorial written by someone who I thought wasn't too woke (I've read her articles for quite a while and thought she usually had a balanced viewpoint) a short time ago, shows how political correctness can seep into every crevice, nook, and cranny anywhere. She obviously didn't do her homework on the subject and is just following the Washington crowd.

The Washington Redskins name change was all about political correctness, money from NFL/Washington local business by liberal groups like Fed Ex, Nike, etc. who are firmly in the liberal hemisphere. Snyder (Washington Redskins owner) is mainly about money and he caved to please the woke establishment and not lose money.

The North Redskins aren't about money. They are about the history of the Minisa bridge and park, and the native-american architecture history that is on the side of the building, and bridge. Very few Native Americans are offended, and the historical use of the term "Redskins" wasn't racially derogatory but was a term used by the Indian groups themselves to describe themselves with examples like "Redmen", "Redskins", etc.

I really don't care but this political correctness is a little "phony", and getting ridiculous. It's going to keep on going and probably will end when the Indian architecture is taken off of North High, Minisa Bridge, and the Park, and then will proceed to the Veterans Memorial downtown is torn down here in Wichita. the Lincoln, Washington, and other Memorials will disappear in Washington and nationwide. This is probably an extreme take but who knows when it ends.

https://eedition.kansas.com/ccidist-...Ca0gI#/pages/7

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        It's crazy and now a local issue according to the Northeast Wichita Eagle. This editorial written by someone who I thought wasn't too woke (I've read her articles for quite a while and thought she usually had a balanced viewpoint) a short time ago, shows how political correctness can seep into every crevice, nook, and cranny anywhere. She obviously didn't do her homework on the subject and is just following the Washington crowd.

The Washington Redskins name change was all about political correctness, money from NFL/Washington local business by liberal groups like Fed Ex, Nike, etc. who are firmly in the liberal hemisphere. Snyder (Washington Redskins owner) is mainly about money and he caved to please the woke establishment and not lose money.

The North Redskins aren't about money. They are about the history of the Minisa bridge and park, and the native-american architecture history that is on the side of the building, and bridge. Very few Native Americans are offended, and the historical use of the term "Redskins" wasn't racially derogatory but was a term used by the Indian groups themselves to describe themselves with examples like "Redmen", "Redskins", etc.

I really don't care but this political correctness is a little "phony", and getting ridiculous. It's going to keep on going and probably will end when the Indian architecture is taken off of North High, Minisa Bridge, and the Park, and then will proceed to the Veterans Memorial downtown is torn down here in Wichita. the Lincoln, Washington, and other Memorials will disappear in Washington and nationwide. This is probably an extreme take but who knows when it ends.

There's no limit.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

There's no limit.

Joke?

Comment

IThe Washington Redskins name change was all about political correctness, money from NFL/Washington local business by liberal groups like Fed Ex, Nike, etc. who are firmly in the liberal hemisphere. Snyder (Washington Redskins owner) is mainly about money and he caved to please the woke establishment and not lose money.

Now really, Shockm, Fed Ex and Nike are not liberal groups. They are businesses. They have made a conscious calculation that this will be supported by their customer base (or they think it's the right thing to do), rightly or wrongly. If someone doesn't agree with them, they are free to organize a boycott.

I am a little disappointed with you for making this remark. I thought all you conservative types were for free enterprise, but I guess I'm wrong, you are actually against anything that you percieve is against your value system, which might or might not have anything to do with free enterprise and capitalism.

Comment

It's crazy and now a local issue according to the Northeast Wichita Eagle. This editorial written by someone who I thought wasn't too woke (I've read her articles for quite a while and thought she usually had a balanced viewpoint) a short time ago, shows how political correctness can seep into every crevice, nook, and cranny anywhere. She obviously didn't do her homework on the subject and is just following the Washington crowd.

It's complete phony BS. It's the white elite liberals who think they know what is best for the minority groups who are raising the biggest stink. It behooves them and their pockets to keep these groups believing that they need them to "fight" for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Now really, Shockm, Fed Ex and Nike are not liberal groups. They are businesses. They have made a conscious calculation that this will be supported by their customer base (or they think it's the right thing to do), rightly or wrongly. If someone doesn't agree with them, they are free to organize a boycott.

I am a little disappointed with you for making this remark. I thought all you conservative types were for free enterprise, but I guess I'm wrong, you are actually against anything that you percieve is against your value system, which might or might not have anything to do with free enterprise and capitalism.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Phil Knight and Frederick W. Smith are ultra-liberal, elitist, unpatriotic goons who want to push their business, and personal viewpoints on the rest of society at our peril. They are more interested in bowing down to China (along with Apple and face recognition technology), and their authoritarian thinking so they can sell more, than caring about us.

Comment

• So if one single person is offended, is that enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      So if one single person is offended, is that enough?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There's no limit.

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Joke?
                        Not surprised. The two biggest problems, however, are 1) the Texas Rangers still exist and 2) I'm sure you can find "racists" in any part of society, but that does not mean you throw the baby out with the bath water.

Comment

• I'm offended about the Dallas Cowboys. Not all people who drove cattle or worked on ranches are boys. Time to update the name to Cowpeople

Comment

• The Minnesota Vikings are derogatory towards the Danish. The Patriots of the 1700s owned slaves. The Saints clearly suppress the Catholic Church. They shouldn’t be represented by sinful football players.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There's no limit.

Bass Reeves disagrees.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• As a tall person, I am calling on the San Francisco and New York Giants to change their names immediately. It is hurtful and shameful and has caused me so much grief over the years.

Comment

Working...
                                X